Daily Current Affairs 17th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence
- India has joined the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI or Gee-Pay) as a founding member.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development will host a Secretariat in Paris, in order to provide support to the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence.
1. Multi Location Claim Settlement facility
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched a Multi Location Claim Settlement facility.
- It will cover claims such as provident fund, pension, partial withdrawal and claims and transfer claims.
- EPFO is an organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, Employees’ Provident Fund a statutory body formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
2. Suraksha Salary Account
- Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘Suraksha Salary Account’ for MSMEs.
- Airtel Payments Bank: Headquarters: New Delhi || MD and CEO: Anubrata Biswas.
3. India’s first Drone Cover
- HDFC Ergo has launched India’s first Drone Insurance Cover.
- HDFC ERGO: Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Ritesh Kumar
1. Indian Gas Exchange
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX).
- The first nationwide online delivery-based gas trading platform.
2. AIIB approves $750 million loan for India
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved $750 million loan for India’s COVID-19 response.
- AIIB: Headquarters: Beijing, China || President: JinLiqun
1. Book ‘Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’
- Dinyar Patel has authored biography of Dadabhai Naoroji named ‘Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’.
- Sir Dadabhai Naoroji was also known as the “Grand Old Man of India” and “Unofficial Ambassador of India” was an Indian Parsi scholar, trader and politician who was a Liberal Party member of Parliament (MP) in the United Kingdom House of Commons between 1892 and 1895, and the first Asian to be a British MP,
1. Ambassador of India to Belgium
- Santosh Jha has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to Belgium.
- Belgium: Capital: Brussels || Currency: Euro || Prime minister: Sophie Wilmès
2. Director of SIDBI
- Devendra Kumar Singh has been appointed as the new Director on the Board of Directors of SIDBI.
- SIDBI: Headquarters : Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Mohammad Mustafa: Chairman and Managing Director
1. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
- The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is a United Nations observance each June 17.
- Its purpose is to raise awareness of the presence of desertification and drought, highlighting methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.
- Theme: ‘Food. Feed. Fibre’
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17th June