Daily Current Affairs 18th-19th April April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18th-19th April April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18th-19th April April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18th-19th April April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Cghaat’ Portal
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has recently ‘Cghaat’ Portal to provide home delivery.
- Governor of Chhattisgarh: AnusuiyaUikey.
1. Top Countries with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- 1. Italy and China with 55 each
- 2. Spain with 48 sites
- 3. Germany with 46 sites
- 4. France with 45 sites
- 5. India with 38 sites
1. New Acquisition of TVS Motor Company
- The United Kingdom’s iconic sporting motorcycle brand ‘Norton’ has been acquired by TVS Motor Company.
- It has been acquired by overseas subsidiary TVS Motor Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Founded by James Lansdowne Norton, in Birmingham, in 1898, Norton Motorcycles is among the most popular British motorcycle brands of all time.
- TVS Motor Company is an Indian multinational motorcycle company headquartered at Chennai, India. It is the third largest motorcycle company in India with a revenue of over ₹20,000 crore in 2018–19.
- Headquarters: Chennai || CEO: K. N. Radhakrishnan
1. Book ‘Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P.V. Sindhu’
- Book ‘Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P.V. Sindhu’ is authored by Krishnaswamy V was published by HarperCollins.
- Krishnaswamy V is a sports journalist who has covered seven Olympic Games and numerous international championships in badminton.
Science and Technology News
1. ‘KisanRath’ App
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched a mobile application ‘KisanRath’, developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Aim: To facilitate transportation of foodgrains and perishables during lockdown.
2. ‘Assess Koro Na’ App
- Delhi Government has launched ‘Assess Koro Na’ Mobile App to do door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones.
- Lieutenant Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
1. World Heritage Day 2020
- The International Day for Monuments and Sites also known as World Heritage Day is an international observance held on 18 April
- Each year around the world with different types of activities, including visits to monuments and heritage sites, conferences, round tables and newspaper articles.
- Theme: ‘Shared Culture, Shared Heritage, Shared Responsibility’.
2. World liver day
- World liver day is observed on every 19 April, to spread awareness about liver related disease.
- The liver is the second largest and the most complex organ in the body, with the exception of the brain. It is a key player in your body’s digestive system.
1. Willie Davis passes away
- Former American football player Willie Davis passed away.
- William Delford Davis was an American professional football player who was a defensive end in the National Football League. Davis played college football for the Grambling State Tigers before being drafted 181st in the 1956 NFL Draft.
Agreements and MoUs
1. NIRDPR and UNICEF
- National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund to train community leaders online to combat COVID-19.
- UNICEF: Headquarters– New York City || Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore.
- The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, an autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, is a premier national centre of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj.
1. 2022 Asian Para Games
- Mascot for Hangzhou 2022 Asian Para Games was unveiled.
- The ‘Divine Bird’ named Feifei is a messenger of joy and cultural distinction
- The 2022 Asian Para Games, also known as the 4th Asian Para Games is a multi-sport event that parallels the 2022 Asian Games which will held for Asian athletes with disability in Hangzhou, China from 9 to 15 October 2022.
2. The highest-ranked Indian table tennis player
- Achanta Sharath Kamal at 31st position surpassed compatriot Gnanasekaran Sathiyan to become the highest-ranked Indian men table tennis player.
- International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF): Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Thomas Weikert || CEO: Steve Dainton
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18th-19th April April