Daily Current Affairs 18 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Digital platform for police service launched in Gujarat
- Under the Pocket Cop project, 4900 smart phones will have real-time access to data of 68 lakh criminals.
- CM Vijay Rupani said that the platform will facilitate in curbing criminal activities.
2. Storm in West Bengal disrupts traffic
- 10 people were killed as storms lashed through Kolakata disrupting mobile and internet services.
- The Kolkata Metro Railway Services were also stopped.
3. IIT to help PhD students for startups
- IIT-Delhi will help the students convert their thesis into startups.
- The fellowship will provide seed capital, mentoring and accommodation for 3 years.
4. Andhra CM to fast for special status
- CM Chandrababu Naidu will fast day long on April 20th demanding special status to the state.
- He urged the people to ensure that TDP wins all the Lok Sabha seats.
1. 18th April is observed as World Heritage Day
- The theme for 2018 is ‘Heritage for Generations’ that emphasises on transfer of knowledge across generations.
- UNESCO identifies 36 heritage sites in India.
2. UK becomes part of International Solar Alliance
- UK will provide expertise and advice to the alliance but not monetary investment.
- It is the 62nd country to join India-led ISA.
3. New York Times and New Yorker win Pulitzer for public service
- The Washington Post won Pulitzer in investigative category.
- The New York Times and Washington Post won for coverage of Russian interference in 2016 elections.
4. UNICEF sets up a school in Iraqi village
- al-Zahoor gets its 1st school in 14 years after the previous school was destroyed by militants.
- The schools is made using cluster of caravans provided by UNICEF.
1. Google to add a security layer in its mailing service
- It will provide a confidential mode that lets users set passcode to open emails.
- An expiry date can be set for the emails.
2. Ola to introduce 10,000 Electric vehicles in India
- The riding giant wants to introduce 10,000 electric rickshaws and autorickshaws in the next 12 months.
- Ola aims to bring one million electric vehicles on road by 2021.
3. Union govt launches Sovereign Gold Bonds
- This comes as Background Households in India hold a significant amount of their assets as gold and silver .
- The minimum subscription for individual is 1 gm and maximum is 4kg.
4. iPhone X generated 35% of industry profits
- iPhone X alone generated 35% of handset industry profits in Q4’17.
- Apple captured 86% of the total handset market profits.
1. MI win 1st match in IPL 2018
- Mumbai Indians defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore to post their 1st win in this IPL season.
- RCB’s Virat Kohli is the current holder of Orange Cup.
2. Mary Kom to not retire until Gold in Olympics
- CWG 2018 gold medallist said she dreams of Gold in Olympics.
- She won bronze in 2012 Olympics.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15