Daily Current Affairs 18 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. World Telugu Writers Conference
- The 4th edition of World Telugu Writers Conference will be held in Vijayawada in December 2019.
- Telugu is a Dravidian language spoken in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and the union territories of Puducherry by the Telugu people. It stands alongside Hindi, English and Bengali as one of the few languages with primary official language status in more than one Indian state.
2. Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan in Delhi.
- Aim: To accelerate measures for prevention and control of Vector Borne Diseases like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.
3. National Digital Health Blueprint
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has released National Digital Health Blueprint.
- National Digital Health Blueprint brings in the National Digital Health Eco-system which ensures the availability of healthcare services on a wider scale.
4. Broadband Readiness Index
- Department of Telecom and Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations have signed a MoU to develop a Broadband Readiness Index for Indian States and Union Territories.
- The first estimate will be made in 2019.
- The Department of Telecommunications, abbreviated to DoT, is a department of the Ministry of Communications of the executive branch of the Government of India.
- Established in August 1981, ICRIER is an autonomous, policy-oriented, not-for-profit, economic policy think tank. ICRIER’s main focus is to enhance the knowledge content of policy making by undertaking analytical research that is targeted at informing India’s policy makers and also at improving the interface with the global economy.
1. Deputy Secretary General of NATO
- Mircea Geoana of Romania has been appointed as Deputy Secretary General of NATO.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 29 North American and European countries. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium || Founded: 4 April 1949, Washington || Abbreviation: NATO, OTAN
2. Nelson Mandela International Day
- Nelson Mandela International Day is an annual international day in honour of Nelson Mandela, celebrated each year on 18 July, Mandela’s birthday.
- The day was officially declared by the United Nations in November 2009, with the first UN Mandela Day held on 18 July 2010.
3. Israel Aerospace with Indian Navy
- Israel Aerospace has signed $50 million deal with Indian Navy for missile systems.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
- Israel: Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel.
4. Exercise ‘Indra-2019’
- Russia-India Joint Military Exercise ‘Indra-2019’ will be held in India from December.
- Russia: Population: 14.45 crores || Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian Ruble || President: Vladimir Putin
1. Small Business MoneyBack Credit Card
- HDFC Bank with Common Services Centres has launched a co-branded ‘Small Business MoneyBack Credit Card’ for small traders and village level entrepreneurs.
- The card was launched by HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri and CSC Chief Dinesh Kumar Tyagi.
- CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: August 1994, India
2. Non-Executive Chairman of Mindtree
- AM Naik has been appointed as Non-Executive Chairman Of Mindtree.
- Mindtree Limited is an Indian multinational information technology and outsourcing company headquartered in Bengaluru, India and New Jersey, USA. It is owned by Larsen & Toubro. Founded in 1999, the company employs approximately 20,204 employees with annual revenue of $1 Billion.
- CEO: Rostow Ravanan
3. ‘JEE Ready’ Application
- Amazon has launched ‘JEE Ready’ App for IIT-JEE Exam Preparation.
- Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Google, Apple, and Facebook.
- CEO: Jeff Bezos || Founder: Jeff Bezos || Founded: 5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Amazon is the second-largest private employer in the United States (566,000 employees).
4. India’s 100 Most Valuable Brand 2019 List
- Brand Finance has released India’s 100 Most Valuable Brand 2019 List.
- 1. Tata
- 2. LIC
- 3. Infosys
- 4. SBI
- 5. Mahindra Group
- 6. HDFC Bank
1. Tatyana Kolpakova International Athletics
- M. Sreeshankar of India has won Long Jump Gold Medal at Tatyana Kolpakova International Athletics.
- Tatyana Kolpakova International Athletics Tournament was held in Bishkek Kyrgyzstan.
2. IOC Sportsperson of the Year
- Table Tennis Player Sharath Kamal was voted IOC Sportsperson of the Year at Indian Oil Sports Conclave.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal is a professional table tennis player from Tamil Nadu, India. He is the first Indian table tennis player ever to become nine times Senior National Champion hence breaking the record of eight times National Champion Kamlesh Mehta. Recently he received the fourth highest civilian award, Padma Shri.
3. ISSF World Cup 2020
- International Shooting Sport Federation has approved India’s application to host ISSF World Cup 2020 stages.
- The International Shooting Sport Federation, also known with the acronym ISSF, is the governing body of the Olympic Shooting events in rifle, pistol and shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany || President: Vladimir Lisin || Sport: Shooting || Founded: 1907 || Abbreviation: ISSF || Membership: 150 regions
4. Hima Das all Gold Medals
- 1. Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland
- 2. Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland
- 3. Kladno Athletics Meet in Czech Republic
- 4. Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31