Daily Current Affairs 18 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Skill University in Assam
- Assam Government will set up a Skill University at Darrang district.
- Capital: Dispur || Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
2. Matri Shree Media Award
- 29 journalists are felicitated with the Bharat Mata Shield at the 44th Matri Shree Media Award ceremony.
- The Matri Shree Media Award is a series of awards for outstanding performance in different areas of journalism and related fields awarded in New Delhi, India. This award was established during the days of The Emergency in 1975.
- Awarded for: The excellence in the field of print as well as electronic media
- First awarded: 1975 (LalaJagat Narayan)
3. Governing Council of NITI Aayog
- The 5th meeting of Governing Council of NITI Aayog was held under the chairmanship of PM Modi in New Delhi.
- Governing Council of NITI Aayog includes Prime Minister of India, Chief Ministers of all the States and Union Territories and Lt. Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and four Union Ministers as ex-officio members and three Union Ministers as Special Invitees
- NITI Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar.
4. World Food India (WFI) 2019
- World Food India 2019 will be held from 1-4th November 2019 in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Forging Partnerships for Growth’.
- The current Minister of Food Processing Industries is Harsimrat Kaur Badal of the Shiromani Akali Dal since 26 May 2014.
1. Trump Heights
- Trump Heights is a planned settlement in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights named after and in honour of the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
- The international community considers Israeli settlements in the Golan Heights illegal under international law, but the Israeli government disputes this.
2. Namaste Thailand Film Festival
- The 3rd edition of Namaste Thailand Film Festival was concluded in Delhi.
- Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
3. New Executive Director of United Nations Environment Programme
- Inger Andersen of Denmark has been appointed as the new Executive Director of United Nations Environment Programme.
- The United Nations Environment Programme, a programme of the United Nations, coordinates the organization’s environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices.
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Founded: 1972, Nairobi, Kenya || Director: Erik Solheim || Founders: Maurice Strong, Wangari Maathai
4. COP-14 of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- India will be hosting 14th session of Conference of Parties of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification for the first time.
- The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification in Those Countries Experiencing Serious Drought and/or Desertification,
- Particularly in Africa (UNCCD) is a Convention to combat desertification and mitigate the effects of drought through national action programs that incorporate long-term strategies supported by international cooperation and partnership arrangements.
- COP 14: New Delhi (India), 2 to 13 September 2019.
1. J&K Bank is now under RTI and CVC Guidelines
- J&K Bank comes under the purview of Right to Information Act and Central Vigilance Commission Guidelines.
- It will ensure greater transparency and accountability.
- Interim Chairman: R K Chibber || Headquarters: Srinagar || Founded: 1938.
2. Autistic Pride Day
- Autistic Pride Day, originally an Aspies for Freedom initiative, is a pride celebration for autistics held on 18 June each year.
- Autistic pride recognises the importance of pride for autistics and its role in bringing about positive changes in the broader society.
- autistics :- A serious developmental disorder that impairs the ability to communicate and interact.
3. The World Population Prospects 2019
- India may surpass China as the world’s most populous country by 2027.
- ‘The World Population Prospects 2019’ published by the Population Division of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- World Population may increase by another 2 billion people by 2050.
1. National Squash Title
- Joshna Chinappa has won 17th National Squash Title defeating Sunayna Kuruvilla.
- Joshna Chinappa is an Indian professional squash player. She reached a career-high world ranking of World No. 10 in July 2016. Joshna was the first Indian to win the British Squash Championship title in 2003 in the under 19 category and was also the youngest Indian women’s national champion.
2. Copa America 2020
- South American Football Federation CONMEBOL has invited Australia and Qatar to participate in 2020 Copa America as guest teams.
- The 2020 Copa América will be the 47th edition of the Copa América, the quadrennial international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL.
- The tournament will take place in Colombia and Argentina from 12 June to 12 July 2020.
3. US Open 2019 Golf
- Gary Woodland has won the 119th US Open Golf tournament defeating Brooks Koepka.
- The 2019 United States Open Championship was the 119th U.S. Open, played at Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, California.
- Gary Woodland is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30