Daily Current Affairs 18 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Manohar Parrikar passes away
- Manohar Parrikar was an Indian politician and leader of Bharatiya Janata Party who was the Chief Minister of Goa from 14 March 2017 till his death.
- Previously, he was the chief minister of Goa from 2000 to 2005 and from 2012 to 2014.
2. BusinessLine Changemaker Of The Year award
- Former PM Manmohan Singh has presented ‘BusinessLine Changemaker Of The Year award’ to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, for implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- To commemorate its 25th anniversary, BusinessLine sought to recognise and reward these transformers for their achievements through its Changemaker Awards.
3. Special Mentorship Programme ‘Wings’
- Aviva Life Insurance announced Programme ‘Wings’ which is a specially designed mentorship program to empower the female workforce.
- Aviva Life Insurance Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, MD and CEO: Trevor Bull.
4. India’s 1st Lokpal (Anti-corruption ombudsman of India)
- Retired Supreme Court Judge Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose has been recommended to be India’s 1st Lokpal.
- Selection Committee for Lokpal comprises of PM Modi, CJI Ranjan Gogoi, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and an Jurist Mukul Rohatgi.
- A Lokpal is an anti-corruption authority or ombudsman who represents the public interest. The concept of an ombudsman is borrowed from Sweden. The Lokpal has jurisdiction over all Members of Parliament and central government employees in cases of corruption.
1. Global Environment Outlook 2019
- United Nation Environment Program (UNEP) has released 6th edition of the Global Environment Outlook (2019) titled ‘Healthy Planet, Healthy People’.
- The United Nations Environment Programme, an agency of the United Nations, coordinates the organization’s environmental activities and assists developing countries in implementing environmentally sound policies and practices.
- India could save around $3 trillion in healthcare costs if India implements policy initiatives with ensuring that Temperature won’t beyond 1.5 degrees Celsius by the turn of the century.
2. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Santosh Jha has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- He is presently Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Washington.
- Uzbekistan :- Capital: Tashkent || Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm || President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
3. NITI Aayog with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- NITI Aayog and USAID have organized first workshop on development of the India Energy Modelling Forum (IEMF).
- It is a pan-stakeholder platform for debating ideas, scenario-planning & discussing the India’s energy future.
4. African Development Bank to contribute to fight against climate change
- African Development Bank (AfDB) will provide 5 trillion shillings for five years to help in the global fight against climate change.
- The African Development Bank Group or Banque Africaine de Développement is a multilateral development finance institution. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
- The AfDB President: Akinwumi Adesina || Headquarters: Tunis, Tunisia
- The shilling is a unit of currency formerly used in Austria, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, United States and other British Commonwealth countries. Currently the shilling is used as a currency in four east African countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Somalia.
1. Top Indian Brands of 2019
- 1. Tata
- 2. Reliance
- 3. Airtel
- 4. HDFC Bank
- 5. LIC
- The report is released by Interbrand Consultant Company, a division of Omnicom.
- Interbrand, a division of Omnicom, is a brand consultancy, specializing in areas such as brand strategy, brand analytics, brand valuation, corporate design, digital brand management, packaging design, and naming.
2. The Best Domestic Water Purifier 2019
- Kent RO Systems Pvt. Ltd. has received Best Domestic Water Purifier Award 2018-19 for its RO+UV+UF technology.
- The award is presented at the Water Digest Water Awards function that was held in New Delhi.
- The Water Digest Water Awards are given jointly by the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and UNESCO.
3. Project ‘Sangam’
- Microsoft has partnered with Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) to promote Project ‘Sangam’.
- Project ‘Sangam’ is developed to accelerate Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) in India.
4. Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs)
- RBI has named State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
- Systemically Important Banks, Since country’s economy is dependent upon these banks, they are perceived as ‘Too Big To Fail (TBTF)’. There are two types of SIBs: Global SIBs, identified by BASEL committee on banking supervision and Domestic SIBs; identified by central Bank of country.
1. I-League 2018–19
- Champions :- Chennai City || Runner Up :- East Bengal
- The 2018–19 I-League is the 12th season of the I-League, one of the top Indian professional football leagues, since its establishment in 2007.
2. 2018–19 Indian Super League season
- Bengaluru FC has defeated FC Goa in the final of 2018–19 Indian Super League season.
- The 2018–19 Indian Super League season was the fifth season of the Indian Super League, one of the top Indian professional football leagues, since its establishment in 2013.
- Top goal scorer :- Coro (16 goals) (FC Goa) || Best goalkeeper :- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (Bengaluru FC)
3. 2019 Pakistan Super League
- Quetta Gladiators has defeated Peshawar Zalmi in the Final of the Tournament.
- 2019 Pakistan Super League was the fourth season of the Pakistan Super League, a franchise Twenty20 cricket league which was established by the Pakistan Cricket Board in 2015.
4. Special Olympics
- India has bagged 70 medals (18 golds, 22 silver and 30 bronze) so far in Special Olympics, Abu Dhabi.
- Special Olympics World Games are for athletes with intellectual disabilities
- It is organized by Special Olympics organisation (IOC-recognised ).
- Theme :- ‘Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me brave in the attempt’.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31