Daily Current Affairs 18 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Coast Guard Ship Veera
- Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat has commissioned the Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Veera’.
- It was built by L&T at its shipbuilding facility at Kattupalli in Chennai.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- General Bipin Rawat is the 26th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. He assumed office on 31 December 2016 after retirement of General Dalbir Singh.
2. NGT’s Central Monitoring Committee
- NGT has formed a Central Monitoring Committee to prepare and enforce a national plan to make around 350 river stretches pollution free across India.
- The current chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) is Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel, retired Supreme Court Judge.
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010 is an Act of the Parliament of India which enables creation of a special tribunal to handle the expeditious disposal of the cases pertaining to environmental issues.
- About NGT :- Committee report: 24 November 2009 || Date enacted: 5 May 2010 || Date assented to: 2 June 2010 || Enacted by: Parliament of India || Bill published on: 31 July 2009
3. DMRC with Rewa Mega Solar Power Plant
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has started receiving 27 MW solar power from Rewa Mega Solar Power Plant, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Delhi Metro is a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities of Bahadurgarh, Ballabhgarh, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, and Noida in the National Capital Region of India.
- The aim is to become fully solar by 2021.
1. World Hemophilia Day
- World Hemophilia Day on 17th April, is an international awareness day for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
- Theme :- ‘Reaching Out: The First Step to Care’.
- Haemophilia is a mostly inherited genetic disorder that impairs the body’s ability to make blood clots, a process needed to stop bleeding. This results in people bleeding longer after an injury, easy bruising, and an increased risk of bleeding inside joints or the brain.
2. Mujibnagar day
- Mujibnagar day was observed on 17th April.
- Mujibnagar is a town in the Meherpur District of Bangladesh
- The Provisional Government of Bangladesh was sworned in on 17th April 1971 in this place by the elected representatives of the Bengalees (mostly belonging to Awami League), that led the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
3. G20 summit 2020
- Saudi Arabia will host the G20 summit in November 2020 in the capital Riyadh.
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia || Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Chairperson: Shinzō Abe || Founder: Group of Seven || Founded: 26 September 1999 || Formation: 26 September 1999; 19 years ago; 2008 (Heads of State/Heads of Government Summits)
4. World Heritage Day
- The International Day for Monuments and Sites also known as World Heritage Day is an international observance held on 18 April each year around the world.
- Theme of World Heritage Day 2019 : ‘Rural Landscapes’
1. Amazon with Google
- Amazon and Google have agreed to allow each other’s streaming apps on their respective platform.
- YouTube will get Amazon Fire TV support.
- Prime Video will get Chromecast support.
2. McAfee India MD
- McAfee has appointed Sanjay Manohar as its Managing Director for India operations.
- McAfee, LLC is an American global computer security software company headquartered in Santa Clara, California and claims to be the world’s largest dedicated security technology company.
- The company was purchased by Intel in February 2011, and became part of the Intel Security division.
- Founder: John McAfee || Founded: 1987 || Headquarters: Santa Clara, California, United States || Subsidiaries: Solidcore Systems, Skyhigh Networks, Foundstone || Owners: TPG Capital, Thoma Bravo (51%), Intel (49%)
3. Executive Director of Punjab National Bank
- Rajesh Yaduvanshi has been appointed as Executive Director of Punjab National Bank.
- Punjab National Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company. It is a state-owned corporation based in New Delhi, India. The bank was founded in 1894.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Sunil Mehta || Capital ratio: 11.28% (2016) || Founders: LalaLajpat Rai, Dyal Singh Majithia
4. India Electronics and Semiconductor Association
- India Electronics and Semiconductor Association has appointed Jitendra Chaddah as its Chairman.
- India Electronics and Semiconductor Association is headquartered in Bangalore.
1. Dutch International badminton title 2019
- The 20th edition of Victor Dutch International Badminton title was held at Wateringen, The Netherlands.
- Harsheel Dani of India has defeated Mads Christopher Sen of Denmark in the final.
2. Goodwill Ambassador of Street Child Cricket World Cup 2019
- Indian Cricketer Mithali Raj has been named as Goodwill Ambassador of Street Child Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Street Child United is a UK charity using the power of sport, specifically international sports events, to change the negative perceptions and treatment of street-connected children
- It is headquartered in Landon.
3. Mahendra Singh Dhoni with RedBus
- Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the brand ambassador of redBus.
- Redbus :- Founded: August 2006 || CEO: Prakash Sangam || Headquarters: Bengaluru
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30