Daily Current Affairs 18 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Our Safety, Our Rights’ Campaign
- Amnesty International India has launched ‘Our Safety, Our Rights’ campaign ,against Child Sexual Abuse.
- The campaign will attain apex on International Day of the Girl Child( October 11).
2. ‘Digital Northeast Vision Document 2022’
- Government of India has launched this event in Guwahati.
- The aim is to have optimum utilisation of information, communication, and technology.
3. e-visa facility
- Indian government has extended e-visa facility, This includes citizen from 165 countries(at 25 airports and 5 seaports).
- The aim is to boost and promote tourism in India.
4. New Marine Products Export Development Authority Chief
- K S Srinivas has become as Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA).
- MPEDA agency comes under the Union Commerce Ministry.
1. Directors Guild of America (DGA) honours
- Director Ang Lee will be the recipient of the annual Directors Guild of America honours.
- Ang Lee OBS is a Taiwanese film director and screenwriter.
2. Highest paid female actor
- Scarlett Johansson has becomes world’s highest paid female actor.
- She is an American actress and singer. She is the world’s highest-paid actress, has made multiple appearances in the Forbes Celebrity 100, and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
3. Aretha Franklin Passes Away
- Singer Aretha Franklin has passed away at 76.
- She was an American singer, popularly known as ‘Queen Of Soul’ and pianist.
4. 2018 Albany Medical Center Prize
- Three US scientists are declared winners 2018 Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research for having innovative treatments for cancer, HIV and other diseases.
- These three scientists are James Allison,Carl June and Steven Rosenberg
1. Infosys CFO resigns
- MD Ranganath has resigned as CFO of Infosys after 18 years of service.
- Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. It has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
2. Aditya – L1
- First Indian mission to study the Sun will be launched in 2019.
- ISRO’s chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar
3. Microsoft India with Apollo Hospitals
- Both have jointly developed an Artificial Intelligence powered Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) risk score Application Program Interface (API).
- The API is hosted on Microsoft’s cloud computing platform Azure.
1. New President of South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF)
- Subrata Dutta has been elected as a VP of the South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF) during its General Assembly in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Dutta was elected to the post for a four-year term in the polls of the regional football body. He said that “I believe my election as vice president of SWAFF will be good for Indian football.”
2. India’s latest FIFA Rankings
- India jumped one spot to 96 in the Current FIFA rankings.
- The Federation Internationale de Football Association is an organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football, futsal, and beach soccer
3. Asia Cup 2018
- Asia Cup 2018 will take place in UAE.
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka along with a sixth team (winner of the Asian Cricket Council qualifier event) will take participate in the events.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15