Daily Current Affairs 18 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.BJP will deliver its 6th straight term in Gujarat.
- BJP all set for a 6th straight term in Gujarat after winning elections on 18 Dec. But it has little to cheer because the victory margin looks decidedly lower.
- BJP also won in Himachal Pradesh having 2/3rd lead. BJP National President Amit Shah said that people want to join PM Narendra Modi in the journey of development.
2.PM Modi will launch DMRC’s Magenta Line section.
- The Kalkaji Mandir-Botanical Garden section of Delhi Metros’s Magenta line will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi, the DMRC has said.
- The 12.64-km section of the upcoming Botanical Garden-Janakpuri West line will reduce travel time between Noida and South Delhi by 45 minutes.
3.Anybody who is living in India is a Hindu: Mohan Bhagwat.
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangha chief Mohan Bhagwat said that anybody living in India is a Hindu, asserting that the meaning of Hindutva is to unite all communities.
- Maintaining that India is a land of Hindus, he said India provides shelter to “tortured” Hindus from across the world. “The Muslims in India are also Hindus”, he added.
1.Airports and banks shut down due to strike over Israeli firm’s mass layoffs.
- Israel’s national trade union staged a half-day strike to protest generic drugmaker Teva’s decision to lay off a quarter of its workforce. The strike closed Israel’s main international airport, stock exchange, banks and all government ministries.
- Recently, Teva, the world’s largest generic drugmaker, said it would cut 14,000 jobs worldwide, including 1,700 jobs in Israel.
2.India’s plea for warrant against Zakir Naik rejected by Interpol .
- Interpol has denied India’s request to issue a Red Corner Notice(RCN) against Islamic preacher Zakir Naik. The agency reportedly rejected the request due to lack of a formal chargesheet against Naik when the request was submitted.
- Naik is wanted by NIA for allegedly influencing terrorists involved in Dhaka terror attack and for inspiring many Indians to join ISIS.
3.Footballer apologizes for tweeting ‘racist’ photo.
- French footballer Antoine Griezman has apologized on facing criticism on Twitter after he posted a photo of himself dressed as an African American basketballer player.
- Later deleting his tweet he tweeted “I recognize it is clumsy on my part. If I have hurt someone, I apologize”.
4.BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017: World 10,000m champion Mo Farah wins
- The 34-year-old, a four-time Olympic champion, won his third successive world 10,000m gold medal in London in August – despite almost falling twice late in the race.
- Also,Tennis player Roger Federer won the Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award for a record fourth time after claiming his eighth Wimbledon title and 19th Grand Slam in 2017.
1. Amazon may invest in ‘Capital Float’.
- E-Commerce major Amazon’s Indian Arm is planning to invest $5-10 million in Bengaluru-based digital lending platform capital Float, according to reports.
- The investment is reportedly a top-up to the $45 million Series C round raised by the startup in August. Founded in 2013, Capital Float provides working capital finance to small and medium-sized enterprises(SMEs) in India.
2.Oracle to buy construction software maker Aconex for $1.2 billion.
- US technology major Oracle Corporation has agreed to buy Aconex, an Australian company that makes cloud-based collaboration software for construction projects, for $1.2 Billion.
- Oracle’s offer represents a premium of 47% per share over Aconex’s closing price. Notably, Aconex’s technology has been used on global projects including the Panama Canal extension.
3.UIDAI bars Airtel from conducting e-KYC for Aadhaar linkage
- This comes after Airtel was accused of using the Aadhaar-eKYC based process to open payments bank accounts of subscribers without their consent.
- More than 23 lakh customers reportedly received over ₹47 crore in their Airtel bank accounts, which they didn’t know were opened.
4.I&B ministry approves merger of Dish TV and Videocon d2h
- Zee group-owned DTH operator Dish TV on Friday said it has received the final approval from the Information and Broadcasting Ministry for closing its merger with Videocon d2h.
- The new entity will be called Dish TV Videocon and will serve nearly 29 million subscribers. As of September, Dish TV and Videocon d2h had 24% and 20% market share respectively.
1.Australia wins its 33rd Ashes.
- Australia won the Ashes for the 33rd time after defeating England by an innings and 41 runs to take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the ongoing five-Test series.
- With the win, Australia now has more Ashes series wins than England. Meanwhile, with its seventh straight away loss, England equaled its longest losing streak outside home in Test Cricket.
2.Sushil, Sakshi win gold at Johannesburg.
- Ace Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar making his comeback to international wrestling after more than three years, has defeated New Zealand’s Akash Khullar to win the title.
- The Double Olympic medalist clinched the gold medal at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championships in Johannesburg, SA. While, Sakshi Malik, who won a bronze in the 2016 Rio Games, also clinched a gold medal in the championships.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15