Daily Current Affairs 18 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. GI tag to Silao Khaja
- Geographical Indications Registry has granted GI tag to Silao Khaja desert of Nalanda district of Bihar.
- Silao is a city and a notified area in Nalanda district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is known for the excellent Khaja made by its Halwais.
2. Goodwill Leader for Super Sniffers campaign
- Actress Yami Gautam has been called for as goodwill leader of Super Sniffers campaign.
- Super Sniffers campaign is launched by TRAFFIC India along with World Wildlife Fund India (WWF).
- In this campaign, Specially trained dogs with their handlers(forest department), will combat wildlife crime by helping collect evidence against wildlife poachers and smugglers.
3. Pandit Arun Bhaduri passes away
- Classical Singer Pandit Arun Bhaduri has passed away at 75.
- Pandit Arun Bhaduri was a Hindustani Classical Music and Semi-Classical Music Vocalist and one of the most renowned Guru and Vocalist of Indian Classical music.
4. Star Screen Awards 2018
- The 25th edition of the Star Screen Awards has been concluded.
- Best Actor: Ranveer Singh for Padmaavat
- Best Actress: Alia Bhatt for Raazi
- Best Director: Sriram Raghavan for Andhadhun
- Best Film: Stree
1. International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers is observed annually on December 17 by sex workers, their advocates, friends, families and allies.
- The International Committee on the Rights of Sex Workers in Europe (ICRSE) adopted the red umbrella as a symbol of resistance to discrimination in 2005.
2. Miss India Worldwide 2018
- Shree Saini has been crowned Miss India Worldwide 2018 at a pageant held in the Fords, New Jersey.
- It is the 27th Annual Global Pageant for People of Indian Origin.
- The next edition of the Miss India Worldwide will be held in Mumbai in 2019.
3. UN Climate Conference 2018
- UN Climate Conference 2018 has been concluded in Katowice, Poland.
- The Agenda was to implement the 2015 Paris climate agreement.
- The Paris Agreement is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, dealing with greenhouse-gas-emissions mitigation, adaptation, and finance, starting in the year 2020.
1. New FICCI President
- Sandip Somany has been appointed as the president of The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- He will replace Rashesh Shah.
- Star India chairman Uday Shankar elected Vice President of FICCI
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India
2. New Director of NCRB
- Ramphal Pawar has been appointed as the Director of National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB).
- The National Crime Records Bureau, abbreviated to NCRB, is an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analysing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code. NCRB is headquartered in New Delhi and is part of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
3. Book:-‘Timeless Laxman’
- PM Modi has released the coffee table book “Timeless Laxman” which is based on Cartoonist RK Laxman.
- Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Laxman was an Indian cartoonist, illustrator, and humorist. He was best known for his creation The Common Man and for his daily cartoon strip, You Said It in The Times of India, which started in 1951.
4. CEO of Thyssenkrupp Tata Steel JV
- Andreas Goss has been appointed as CEO of Thyssenkrupp Tata Steel B.V.
- Thyssenkrupp AG is a German multinational conglomerate with focus on industrial engineering and steel production. The company is based in Duisburg and Essen and divided into 670 subsidiaries worldwide. It is one of the world’s largest steel producers; it was ranked tenth-largest worldwide by revenue in 2015.
1. National Squash Championships
- Women’s Single Title :- Joshna Chinappa
- Men’s Singles Titles :- Mahesh Mangaonkar
2. 2018 FIFA Club World Cup
- 2018 FIFA Club World Cup has started in United Arab Emirates.
- The 2018 FIFA Club World Cup is the 15th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup, a FIFA-organised international club football tournament between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations, as well as the national league champion from the host country.
3. Pro Tennis League
- Pro Tennis League has started at the K. Khanna Stadium Complex in New Delhi from December 18 to 22.
- R. K. Khanna Tennis Complex is a tennis stadium in New Delhi, India. It has a centre court, six match courts and six warm-up courts. It has a capacity of 5,015. The stadium was opened in 1982, and was renovated in 2009.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15