Daily Current Affairs 18 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Delhi hosts 8th Theatre Olympics at Red Fort
- The 51-day international theatre festival having 450 shows will be held over 17 cities including Chandigarh, Bengaluru and Mumbai.
- The theme of the event is ‘Flag of Friendship’.
2. Rahul Gandhi calls for 40% reservation for youth in Congress
- Congress already has 33% reservation for women and 20% for SC.
- The 40% quota for youth would be over and above this.
3. Air Odisha launches its first flight
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launched the maiden flight of Bhubaneshwar based airline connecting Ahmedabad and Mundra.
- The airline has been established under the Centre’s UDAN scheme.
1. All 66 onboard killed in Iran plane crash
- All 66 people on an Aseman Airlines ATR plane have been killed after the aircraft crashed in Iran’s southern Isfahan province.
- The aircraft crashed in a mountainous area near Semirom, a remote town 620 km south of the capital Tehran.
2. No terror camps on our soil : Pak Army Chief
- Pakistan’s Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said that there are no terror camps in the country although the presence of terrorists cannot be ruled out.
- He added that Pakistan hosts nearly 27 lakh Afghan refugees.
3. Why does US have veto rights and not India, asks Iran
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani questioned why India with a population of over 1 billion does not have veto power at the UNSC.
- He further said that giving veto rights to the 5 nuclear nations at the time of formation was unfair.
1. 200 shell firms, benami assets under scanner in PNB scam
- The ED has seized diamonds, gold and jewellery worth Rs.5,674 cr till now.
- The accused are suspected to have used the shell firms to launder money and create benami assets.
2. Fairfax to buy 51% of Catholic Syrian Bank
- The deal will value CSB at over Rs.1200 cr.
- It will be the first takeover of an Indian bank by a foreign non-banking financial entity after the RBI modified ownership rules in May last year.
3. City Union Bank hit by Rs.12 cr fraud
- No entries were made in the bank’s ledgers and transfers were pushed through SWIFT messaging platform.
- The lender said it was able to block a remittance of $500,000 immediately which was made to a Dubai-based bank from Standard Chartered in New York.
1. Federer wins 97th career title
- Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer won his career’s 97th title by winning the Rotterdam Open.
- Only Jimmy Connors(109) has won more men’s singles career titles than Federer in the Open Era.
2. India beat SA to register 5th straight T20I win
- India registered their 5th consecutive victory in T20Is after defeating SA by 28 runs in the first T20I at Johannesberg.
- The 2nd T20I of the 3 match series will take place on 21st February.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14