Daily Current Affairs 18 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Annadata Sukhibhava scheme 2019-20
- Annadata Sukhibhava scheme 2019-20 is announced by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
- Rs 9000 each to farmers with less than 5-acre land
2. District cooling system in India
- Amravati (capital city of the Andhra Pradesh) will have India’s first District cooling system.
- District Cooling System. District cooling system (DCS) distributes thermal energy in the form of chilled water from a central source to multiple buildings through a network of underground pipes for use in space cooling.
3. CMD of Pawan Hans
- Govt. has appointed BP Sharma as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Pawan Hans.
- Pawan Hans Limited is a helicopter service company based in New Delhi, India. Pawan Hans is a Mini Ratna-I category PSU. It has cumulatively flown more than 1 million hours and has had 2.5 million landings on its fleet since its formation. The operations are based at the Juhu Aerodrome in Vile Parle, Mumbai.
1. ‘Mother’ and ‘Father’ as ‘Parent 1’ and ‘Parent 2’
- France Govt. are set to replace the words ‘Mother’ and ‘Father’ with ‘Parent 1’ and ‘Parent 2’.
- It is aimed at ending discrimination against same-sex parents.
2. Bruno Ganz passes away
- Bruno Ganz was a Swiss actor whose career in German-language film and television productions lasted for more than fifty years.
- Bruno Ganz was best known for his portrayal of Hitler in the 2004 Oscar-nominated film ‘Downfall’.
3. Exercise Cobra Gold
- Exercise Cobra Gold is one of world’s largest multinational military exercises, has started in Thailand.
- The 38th annual Cobra Gold exercise is co-sponsored by the Royal Thai and U.S armed forces.
4. Security Protection Agreement between India and Sweden
- The Agreement is about sharing classified information between India and Sweden.
- It was signed during Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s visit to the Nordic country.
5. International Human Rights Prize
- Abdul Aziz Muhamat, a Sudanese refugee has won the prestigious Martin Ennals Human Rights Prize.
- The Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, sometimes called “the Nobel Prize for human rights”, was created in 1993 to honour and protect individuals around the world who demonstrate exceptional courage in defending and promoting human rights.
1. National minimum wage
- A Govt. panel headed by Anoop Satpathy has recommended a National minimum wage of Rs 9750 per month.
- The Minimum Wages Act 1948 is an Act of Parliament concerning Indian labour law that sets the minimum wages that must be paid to skilled and unskilled labours. Fair wage is that level of wage that not just maintains a level of employment, but seeks to increase it keeping in perspective the industry’s capacity to pay.
2. App ‘InfyTQ’
- Infosys has launched a NextGen Digital Platform ‘InfyTQ’ for engineering students with best learning experiences by imparting technical and professional skills.
- Infosys CEO – Salil Parekh
3. First US Bank with Cryptocurrency
- New York-based investment bank JP Morgan Chase is launching the first-ever major cryptocurrency backed by a U.S. bank.
- The digital token, dubbed “JPM Coin,” will be used to “instantly settle payments between clients
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York City. JPMorgan Chase is the largest bank in the United States, and is ranked by S&P Global as the sixth largest bank in the world by total assets as of 2018, to the amount of $2.534 trillion.
1. Chris Gayle’s Retirement
- Cricketer Chris Gayle will announce his retirement after the forthcoming World Cup.
- Christopher Henry Gayle, OD is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies. Gayle captained the West Indies’ Test side from 2007 to 2010. Considered one of the greatest batsmen ever in T20 cricket, Gayle has set numerous records across all three formats of cricket.
2. ‘Football Ratna’ Award
- Striker Sunil Chhetri was awarded the first-ever ‘Football Ratna’ by Football Delhi, the State Association Governing the sport in Delhi.
- Sunil Chhetri is an Indian professional footballer who plays as a striker /winger for and captains both the Indian Super League side Bengaluru FC and the Indian national team.
3. Hero Gold Cup title
- Myanmar has clinched the Hero Gold Cup Title defeating Nepal 3-1 in the final at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- The Kalinga Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. Its foundation stone was laid by former chief minister of Odisha Late Biju Patnaik in 1978. It is situated in the heart of Bhubaneswar near Nayapalli area.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28