Daily Current Affairs 18 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. UP to start metro services in Agra, Kanpur, Meerut
- UP will start the services by 2024 at an estimated cost of Rs.43,800 crore.
- Kanpur metro will be 30 km long and Meerut metro will be 33 km long.
2. Telangana police launch survey to geo-tag criminals
- Telangana Police dept will prepare a database to easily identify and track the criminals whenever there is an offence.
- Its database will also include photographs and fingerprints.
3. India test-fires Agni-V missile
- The intercontinental ballistic missile Agni-V has a range that includes northernmost part of China.
- It is capable of carrying nuclear or traditional warhead of about 1.5 tonnes.
1. Gates Foundation to settle Nigeria’s polio debt
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has agreed to pay off Nigeria’s $76 mn polio debt to Japan.
- The decision came as the African nation met the condition of achieving over 80% vaccination coverage in at least one round each year in very high risk areas.
2. India re-approves scrapped deal with Israel
- India has re-approved a deal to buy 1,600 Israeli anti-tank guided missiles.
- This comes as PM Benjamin Netanyuhu is marking the first visit by an Israeli PM to India in 15 years.
3. Facebook to investigate Russian meddling in Brexit vote
- The company said it will look for coordinated activity to spread misinformation before the vote.
- Earlier, Facebook’s investigation revealed that a Russian-backed agency had spent just $1 on Facebook ads during the Brexit campaign.
1. HDFC Bank becomes the 1st Indian bank to cross Rs.5 tn market cap
- The bank is also only the 3rd Indian company to achieve this milestone after TCS and Reliance Industries.
- In the last one year, the bank’s shares have gained around 55%.
2. Money invested in Bitcoin a month ago now worth nearly half
- Bitcoin’s market capitalisation is now $160 bn.
- With this fall, Rs.1 lakh invested in Bitcoin in December is now worth around Rs.48,000.
3. India recorded highest investments and exits in 2017
- Investments worth $26.8 bn were recorded across 589 deals.
- There were 257 exits amounting to $13 bn which is almost double the previous high in 2016.
1. Rohit, Bumrah in ODI Team of the Year with Kohli as the captain
- Rohit, who scored his third double century recently was also included in the team.
- South Africa’s AB de Villiers has featured for the 7th time.
2. India thrash Japan 6-0 in first game of hockey meet
- The Indian team defeated Japan in their opening match of the Four Nations Invitational Tournament in New Zealand.
- Vivek Prasad and Dilpreet Singh scored a brace each.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,18 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15