Daily Current Affairs 18 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Chandrayaan-II Mission
- ISRO is planning to deploy a rover on the lunar surface through Chandrayaan-2 mission to conduct handy analysis of elements such as Na, Mg, Al, Si etc.
- Total approved cost of the Chandrayaan-2 Mission is Rs.603.00 crores.
2. Amendment in RTI Act
- The Government is considering a proposal to amend the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- The purport of the amendments proposed is to provide for enabling provision under the RTI Act to frame Rules regarding salaries, allowances and conditions of service for Chief Information Commissioners and Information Commissioners and State Information Commissioners.
3. India’s first Defence incubators
- Hyderabad will have India’s first Defence incubators and will be India’s missile development centre and fast emerging the hub for aerospace industries.
- Funded by a corpus of ₹100 crore by two PSUs- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) and BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited) equally.
4. National Database of Arms Licenses system
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is going to create National Database of Arms Licenses system from April 2019.
- This system will include all arms licence holders with their unique identification number.
1. Indo-US Bilateral Defence Cooperation
- The 7th Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) meeting was held between India and the US delegation.
- The meetings are held twice a year, alternately in India and the USA with the aim to bring sustained leadership focus to the bilateral defence trade relationship.
2. Lethal White
- JK Rowling will release her Next Book ‘Lethal White’
- This Strike series is about the exploits of private investigator Cormoran Strike in September 2018 under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith.
3. IMF Cut India’s GDP Growth Forecast by 20 basis points in 2019
- The IMF has cut India’s GDP growth forecast by 10 basis points to 7.3% form 7.4% in the current year and by 30 basis points to 7.5% from 7.8% in 2019.
4. World’s first remotely operable LEAP microscope
- IIT-Madras has invented remotely operable Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) Microscope.
- It is claimed to be world’s first remotely operable LEAP microscope, as it can be remotely operated through special terminal.
1. 1st Skill Training Centre
- Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stone of country’s first (National Skill Training Institute) NSTI in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Govt. is planning to set up A NSTI in every State to meet the demand for skilled manpower.
2. Goldman Sachs Group’s Next Chief Executive Officer
- Goldman Sachs Group is going to name David Solomon as its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- He will replace present CEO Lloyd Blank Fein.
3. MOU between Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) and Swedish Aerospace and defence firm ‘Saab’
- This is done to jointly market L-Band 3D air surveillance radar (RAWL-03) which is co-developed by the companies.
- RAWL-03 is long range air surveillance radar for early detection and tracking of air and surface targets.
4. ThyssenKrupp chairman resigned
- Ulrich Lehner from ThyssenKrupp has resigned and Guido Kerkhoff is now the acting CEO of the company.
- ThyssenKrupp and Tata Steel finalized an agreement to set up a European steel Joint Venture.
1. Marc Marquez wins German Grand Prix
- Marc Marquez clinched to his ninth consecutive German Grand Prix victory.
- Seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi finished second.
2. Spanish Grand Prix (women’s 50kg freestyle category)
- Vinesh Phogat won gold at the Spanish Grand Prix in Madrid.
- She competes in the women’s 50kg freestyle category.
3. Latest Men’s Hockey World Rankings
- Men’s hockey world rankings issued by the International Hockey Federation (FIH), India to the fifth position.
- Australia remained on top of the Table. Argentina ranked second followed by Belgium at third.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15