Daily Current Affairs 18 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. The 3-day National Yoga Olympiad- 2018 organised by NCERT begins in New Delhi
- A 3-day National Yoga Olympiad was inaugurated at the National Council of Educational Research and Training in CIET in New Delhi today by Mr. Eric Falt, Director and UNESCO Representative of the New Delhi Cluster Office.
- This is the third consecutive year of National Yoga Olympiad of NCERT and this year about 500 students from 26 States and 4 RIEs are participating in the Olympiad .
2. Ashwini Kumar Choubey releases 11th Common Review Mission (CRM) report
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare released the 11thCommon Review Mission (CRM) report of the National Health Mission.
- India has registered a record 22% reduction in MMR since 2013,which is the highest percentage decline so far when compared to all the previous reductions in MMR.
3. Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty
- To honour soldiers who have been disabled in line of duty, while serving the Nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’, Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’.
- The primary focus is towards alleviating the sufferings of these soldiers, who have done their duty with utmost dedication to the Nation and have been disabled for the life.
4. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj embarked on 7 day tour to 4 European Nations
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj left for a seven-day tour (from June 17-23) of Italy, France, Luxembourg and Belgium, which is aimed at deepening India’s strategic engagement and trade ties with the four European countries.
- India and France are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their Strategic Partnership.
1. India is planning to gift a Dornier aircraft to Seychelles
- India plans to gift Seychelles a Dornier aircraft this month — second such aircraft that could be gifted to the Indian Ocean Region.
- An Indo-French-Seychelles trilateral cooperation may safeguard India’s strategic interests in the key Indian Ocean country amid China’s growing interests in the region.
2. India proposes $241 mn retaliatory tariffs on 30 US products
- To counter the US move on tariffs on Indian Product,India has proposed to introduce $240-million retaliatory tariffs on a list of 30 items imported from the US.
- India has notified the World Trade Organisation about the list, including apples, almonds and motorcycles, on which it intends to impose tariffs.
3. Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli’s will visit China from June 19 to 24
- During this visit, Nepal will sign an MoU on constructing a railway line connecting Kerung of Tibet to Kathmandu.
- This will be the first visit to China by the Prime Minister since he assumed power in February.
1. Commerce Minister releases study report on Indian pharma exports to China
- The Department of Commerce in coordination with Embassy of India at Beijing commissioned a study on “Enhancing Indian Exports of Pharmaceutical products to China”.
- This to have the Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAI) to have a proper understanding of Chinese market and to help the Indian pharma industry to evolve appropriate and focused strategy for entry of the Indian generic drugs.
2. Government panel selects 22 general managers for ED post at PSU Banks
- The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has recommended 22 candidates from different banks for the executive director positions for at least a dozen state-run banks which may see vacancies arising with executive directors elevated to managing director post.
- The newly formed panel has selected four general managers (GM) of Punjab National Bank and three from Vijaya Bank. Two general managers were selected from Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Canara Bank each but non from Bank of Baroda, IDBI Bank and Indian bank.
3. ICICI Life chief to be made ICICI Bank’s interim CEO
- ICICI Bank is reportedly planning to appoint Sandeep Bakhshi, CEO of ICICI Prudential Life, as the bank’s interim CEO, replacing Chanda Kochhar.
- The bank may ask Kochhar to go on leave until an internal investigation into conflict of interest allegations against her is completed.
1. Sports Minister sanctions Rs.5 lakhs for former International Archer Limba Ram
- Minister of State (I/C) Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has sanctioned a special financial assistance of Rs.5 lakhs to former International Archer & Arjun Awardee Shri Limba Ram.
- Limba Ram, who is suffering from neuro generative disease or neurological illness is undergoing treatment at Jaipur.
2. Tennis Player Roger Federer returns to No.1 ranking after winning his 98th career singles title
- Twenty-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer clinched his 98th career singles title by defeating Milos Raonic in the Stuttgart Open final and reached the world number one ranking.
- Rafael Nadal is in at World No 2 ranking.
3. FIFA World Cup Update 2018
- Five-time champions Brazil failed to win their opening match of a FIFA World Cup 2018 for the first time since 1978 after 1-1 draw with Switzerland.
- Since 1982, Germany lost their opening match at a FIFA World Cup 2018 with a 0-1 loss to Mexico.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15