Daily Current Affairs 18 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Integration Week
- The “Qaumi Ekta Week” (National Integration Week) will be observed all over the country, from 19th November to 25th November, 2018.
- November 19, 2018 will be observed as National Integration Day.
2. Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has been awarded ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement‘ for his contribution to Indian classical music.
- Amjad Ali Khan Bangash is an Indian classical sarod player, best known for his clear and fast ekhara taans. Khan was born into a classical musical family and has performed internationally since the 1960s. He was awarded India’s second highest civilian honour Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
3. Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri passes away
- He was an Army Major during the 1971 India-Pakistan war, had held his post through the night in the famous battle of Longewala in Rajasthan.
- The Battle of Longewala was one of the first major engagements in the western sector during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, fought between assaulting Pakistani forces and Indian defenders at the Indian border post of Longewala, in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan state in India with just 120 men against a full-fledged attack by advancing Pakistani Patton tanks.
4. Alyque Padamsee passes away
- He is best remembered for his role of Mohammed Ali Jinnah in Richard Attenborough’s multi-Oscar award winner classic, “Gandhi” (1982).
- He was an Indian theatre personality and ad film maker.
1. Definition of Kilogram changed after 130 years
- The 130 year old definition of Kilogram has been changed.
- Old Definition :- Since 1889, the Kilogram has been defined by the weight of a Platinum-based ingot called “Le Grand K”. It is kept in a special glass case at the headquarters of the International Bureau of Weights and Measures, Paris.
- New Definition :- By the Planck constant, the new system determines the unit of mass through the electrical force needed to counteract the weight of a kilogram on a Kibble balance.
2. New President of Maldives
- Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has been elected as the new President of Maldives.
- PM Modi attended the oath taking ceremony as the chief guest for the same.
3. Fitch’s Outlook for India
- Fitch affirmed India’s ‘Long term Foreign-currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR)’ at ‘BBB-‘ with a stable outlook.
- Fitch Ratings:- CEO: Paul Taylor || President: Ian Linnell || Headquarter: New York.
4. New Brexit Secretary
- Stephen Barclay has been appointed as the new Brexit Secretary by British Prime Minister Theresa May.
- He is a Junior Health Minister who voted to leave European Union in the 2016 referendum.
1. Sashakt India AMC
- Sunil Mehta panel has incorporated ‘Sashakt India Asset Management Company’ for large NPAs in PSU Banks.
- A Non-performing asset (NPA) is defined as a credit facility in respect of which the interest and/or instalment of principal has remained ‘past due’ for a specified period of time. In simple terms, an asset is tagged as non performing when it ceases to generate income for the lender.
2. New Finance Secretary of India
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey (UIDAI CEO) will be the new Finance Secretary, replacing Hasmukh Adhia.
- He continues to hold the additional charge of Unique Identification Authority of India CEO and Goods and Services Tax Network Chairman.
3. Google’s New Head of cloud division
- Thomas Kurian will be the new head of Google’s cloud division.
- He will replace Diane Greene.
4. Himalayan State Regional Council
- NITI Aayog has created ‘Himalayan State Regional Council’ for sustainable development of the Himalayan region.
- It will be chaired by the Dr VK Saraswat.
1. Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran has won the $150,000 Bengaluru Open ATP Challenger in Bengaluru.
- He defeated Saketh Myneni in straight sets 6-2, 6-2.
2. Chess India Blitz Tournament
- Viswanathan Anand has won the inaugural Chess India Blitz Tournament, Kolkata.
- He defeated Hikaru Nakamura in the play-off.
- Hikaru Nakamura is a Japanese-American chess grandmaster. He is a four-time United States Chess Champion, who won the 2011 edition of Tata Steel Group A and represented the United States at five Chess Olympiads, winning a team gold medal and two team bronze medals.
3. OEC Open trophy (Tennis)
- Ankita Raina and Karman Kaur Thandi won Doubles Title of the OEC Open trophy in Taipei.
- Ankita Ravinderkrishan Raina is an Indian tennis player, and the current Indian No. 1 in women’s singles. Raina has won seven singles and 13 doubles titles on the ITF Women’s Circuit. In April 2018, she entered the top 200 singles rankings, becoming only the fourth Indian women to achieve this feat.
- Karman Kaur Thandi is an Indian tennis player. She started playing tennis at the age of 8. Thandi has a career high Women’s Tennis Association’s singles ranking of World No. 196, as of 20 August 2018, and a doubles ranking of No. 293, as of 23 July 2018.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15