Daily Current Affairs 18 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.MP CM launches ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana’.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan inaugurated the ambitious ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana’ for the farmers of the state.
- With this Madhya Pradesh has become first state to lend money to farmers at zero percent interest.
2. Ministry of WCD launches campaign on ‘Women for Women’.
- In an attempt to end gender bias in women against women, the Ministry of Women and Child development is undertaking an online campaign #IamThatWoman.
- Through the campaign, the Ministry seeks to highlight the various aspects of women standing ‘by’ and ‘for’ women.
1.India signs pact to send interns to Japan for training.
- India has signed a Memorandum of Co-operation(MoC) with Japan to send youngsters there as technical interns for on the job training for a period of three to five years.
- The MoC on technical intern training programme was signed by skill development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Japanese Minister of Health, Labour, and Welfare Katsunobu Kato in Tokyo.
2.China’s Communist Party conclave opens to hand President Xi new term.
- China’s Communist Party opened a twice-a-decade congress in Beijing to enhance President Xi Jinping’s already formidable powers over the world’s second-largest economy.
- The 64-year-old leader, who was to give his speech in front of a huge hammer and sickle in the hall’s chamber, is expected to use the congress to stack the Communist Party’s leadership with loyalists.
3.US Author George Saunders wins 2017 Man Booker prize.
- US author George Saunders has won the 2017 Man Booker prize.
- He became only the second American writer to win Britain’s renowned prize, which was awarded for his first full length novel “Lincoln in the Bardo”.
1.NIIF inks pact worth$1bn with Abu Dhabi investment authority.
- The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority became the first institutional investor in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund’s Master Fund, with an investment of $1 billion.
- Six domestic institutional investors, including HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited, HDFC Asset Management Company Limited, Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited, ICICI Bank Limited, Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Limited and Axis Bank Limited, will also join the NIIF Master Fund
2.Hema Malini’s biography ‘Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl’ launched.
- Actress Deepika Padukone launched Hema Malini’s biography ‘Hema Malini: Beyond Dream Girl’ on the occasion of Hema’s 69th birthday.
- The biography has been penned by journalist turned writer Ram Kamal Mukherjee.
1.ISIS threatens attack during FIFA WC 2018 in Russia.
- ISIS has released an image threatening to launch terror attacks during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- The image shows a rifle carrying ISIS fighter along with a bomb in front of a football stadium and also includes the tournament’s official logo.
2.India’s first Olympic swimmer Shamsher Khan passes away.
- India’s first Olympic swimmer Shamsher Khan passed away in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district, following prolonged illness.
- A forgotten sports hero, he was the first swimmer to represent India in Olympics. He narrowly missed a medal, finishing fourth in 200 meter butterfly and breaststroke events in Melbourne Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15