Daily Current Affairs 18 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019
- The website www.pbdindia.gov.in was launched by Sushma Swaraj, along with Yogi Adityanath.
- The event will be held from January 21-23.
- Theme :- ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India’
2. MPATGM – Missile
- The full form of MPATGM is man-portable anti-tank guided missile.
- DRDO has successfully tested MPATGM-Missile
3. First Indian woman IAS officer passes away
- Anna Rajam Malhotra has passed away at 91 years in Mumbai.
- She was the first Indian woman IAS officer after Independence.
1. World’s first hydrogen powered train
- Germany has started the world’s first hydrogen-powered train.
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Capital: Berlin
2. Sagarmatha Friendship-2018
- It is the joint military exercise between Nepal and China. It is also called as ‘Mt Everest Friendship Exercise-2018’.
- The exercise has started in South-Western Sichuan province, China.
3. Iraq:- India’s ‘Top Oil Supplier’
- Iraq has replaced Saudi Arabia as top oil supplier to India for the month August
- 1. Iraq
- 2. Saudi Arabia
- 3. Iran
1. Govt. to merge Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank
- The Govt. is planning to merge state-owned ‘Bank of Baroda’, ‘Dena Bank’ and ‘Vijaya Bank’.
- The amalgamated bank would be India’s third largest.
2. SBI’s New CFO
- SBI has appointed Prashant Kumar as Chief Financial Officer.
- SBI Chairman- Rajnish Kumar, Headquarters- Mumbai , Establishment Date- 1st July 1955.
3. PayU to have its own NBFC
- PayU India has got approval from RBI to operate its own NBFC.
- A Non-Banking Financial Company is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 of India, engaged in the business of loans and advances, acquisition of shares, stock, bonds, hire-purchase insurance business or chit-fund business.
- It does not have a full banking license or is not supervised by a national or international banking regulatory agency.
1. 2018 Asian Para Games
- The 2018 Asian Para Games, also known as the 3rd Asian Para Games, is a multi-sport event that will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Mascot of the 2018 Asian Para Games:- Momo
- Motto:- The Inspiring Spirit and Energy of Asia
- Dates: 8 Oct 2018 – 16 Oct 2018 || Events: in 18 sports
2. 2022 Asian Para Games
- Hangzhou, China will host the fourth edition of Asian Para Games in 2022.
- China will represent the Closing Ceremony of 2018 Asian Para Games.
3. 2018 Asia Cup
- Sri Lanka is out of the Asia Cup 2018 as they lose to Afghanistan by 91 runs.
- Bangladesh and Afghanistan have reached in Super Four round.
4. Singapore Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Singapore Grand Prix.
- He is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
5. Japan Open tournament (badminton)
- Men’s Singles :- Kento Momota (Japan)
- Women’s Singles :- Carolina Marín (Spain)
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15