Daily Current Affairs 18th 19th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18th 19th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18th 19th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18th 19th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Pragyata Guideline
- Human Resource Development Ministry has released ‘Pragyata’ Guidelines for Digital Education.
- Union HRD Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
2. AnjiKhad bridge
- India’s first cable-stayed Railways bridge ‘AnjiKhad Bridge’ to connects Katra and Reasi in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The bridge being developed by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited.
- Railways Minister Piyush Goyal
3. CybHer campaign
- Telangana State Police has launched ‘CybHer’ campaign for Women Safety.
- Aim: To tackle cybercrime against children and women in the state.
- Telangana: Chief Minister: K Chandrasekhar Rao || Governor: TamilisaiSoundararajan.
4. NISHTHA programme
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched first on-line NISHTHA programme in Andhra Pradesh.
- It would be conducted through DIKSHA and NISHTHA portals by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
1. First woman prime minister of Gabon
- Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda has been appointed as the first woman prime minister of Gabon.
- Gabon: Capital: Libreville || Currency: Central African CFA franc.
1. SAP India MD
- SAP has appointed Kulmeet Bawa as Managing Director for SAP India.
- SAP SE, sometimes known by its full name Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing, is a German multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. The company is especially known for its ERP software.
- CEO: Christian Klein || HQ: Walldorf, Germany
2. Private Secretary to the President of India
- P Praveen Siddharth has been appointed as Private Secretary to the President of India.
- He will replace Vikram Singh.
1. Nelson Mandela International Day
- Nelson Mandela International Day is celebrated on 18 July by United Nations.
- Nelson Mandela was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader and philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the country’s first black head of state and the first elected in a fully representative democratic election.
Agreements and MoUs
1. CBSE with IBM
- Central Board of Secondary Education has integrated a new Artificial Intelligence course with the help of IBM for class XI and XII in the current academic year.
- CBSE Chairman: Manoj Ahuja || Head Office: Delhi.
- IBM: Chief Executive Officer: Arvind Krishna || Headquarters: New York
2. Airports Authority of India with Bharat Electronics Ltd
- Airports Authority of India and Bharat Electronics Ltd have signed an MoU for co-operation in civil aviation sector.
- Chairman of Airports Authority of India: Arvind Singh
- Chairman & Managing Director of Bharat Electronics Ltd: MV Gowtama
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2020
- India has been ranked at 3rd position in the Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2020 by US-based property consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
- China and the United States retain the top two positions respectively.
1. La Liga title
- Real Madrid has clinched record 34th La Liga title.
- Real Madrid, is a Spanish professional football club based in Madrid. Founded on 6 March 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the club has traditionally worn a white home kit since inception.