Daily Current Affairs 18th April 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 18th April 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18th April 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 18th April 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Nithya Clinches Gold in Women’s Singles at Brazil’s Para-Badminton Event
- Nithya Sre Sumathy Sivan, India’s renowned Para-Badminton athlete, secured two top podium finishes at the 2023 Brazil Para-Badminton International.
- She triumphed over Peru’s Giuliana Poveda Flores in the women’s singles SH6 category final to bag her gold.
- Teaming up with Sivarajan Solaimalai in the mixed doubles SH6 championship, they outplayed Hong Kong’s duo, Chu Man Kai and Choi Wing Kei.
- Additionally, Pramod Bhagat and Sukant Kadam clinched a gold in the men’s doubles segment.
2. Collaborative Effort Between IIT Indore and NASA-Caltech Produces Cost-Effective Flame Imaging Camera
- A joint venture involving the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, NASA-Caltech from the US, and the University of Gothenburg in Sweden has birthed an innovative, budget-friendly camera setup. This technology facilitates multispectral imaging of four distinct chemical species within a flame using just one DSLR camera.
- Contrary to previous methods that demanded four separate cameras, this unique solution requires just one DSLR camera to capture multiple 3D spectral images of the chemicals in flames.
- This sophisticated camera provides a comprehensive view of the four chemicals found in a flame.
- Geared towards multispectral flame imaging, this cost-effective camera is apt for both research and commercial purposes.
3. Vedanta Collaborates with Korean Companies to Launch Electronics Manufacturing Zone
- Vedanta Group has joined forces with 20 firms from South Korea with an agenda to inaugurate an electronics manufacturing hub on Indian soil.
- Concurrently, Vedanta has plans underway to establish a semiconductor facility in Gujarat, working alongside Foxconn.
- This collaborative effort is aimed at bolstering India’s electronics production sector while simultaneously reducing import reliance.
- This manufacturing hub will be situated in Tamil Nadu, concentrating on producing gadgets like smartphones, televisions, and other electronic goods.
- This initiative is forecasted to provide employment for over 8,000 individuals within that area.
- Expertise and financial backing from the Korean companies will be pivotal in this venture.
4. Observance of World Heritage Day 2023 on 18th April
- World Heritage Day, also recognized as the International Day for Monuments and Sites, is commemorated every April 18. This observance serves to amplify the significance of conserving cultural heritage for the benefit of upcoming generations.
- 2023’s Theme: “Heritage Changes”.
- The origins of this day can be traced back to the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and subsequently received endorsement during the 22nd UNESCO General Conference in 1983.
- As of this date in 2023, India boasts 40 recognized UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- A brief about ICOMOS: Established in 1965 with its headquarters stationed in Paris.