Daily Current Affairs 19 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Union govt launches ‘Study in India’
- The govt listed 160 institutions including IITs and IIMs to attract foreign students.
- A budget of Rs.150 cr has been sanctioned for 2 years.
2. Flyers to get compensation for delay
- The Aviation Ministry at the Centre has asked airlines to increase compensation for those missing connecting flights to Rs.20,000.
- But the airlines said that this might result in high fares.
3. Govt plans to accelerate district growth
- The district plan aims to increase the growth by 3%.
- The initiative will begin in Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Varanasi, Muzaffarpur, Vishakhpatnam and Solan.
4. Vice President launches cashless health scheme in Assam
- M Venkaiah Naidu launched Atal Amrit Abhiyan that offers free medical care of up to Rs.2 lakh in BPL and APL families.
- The scheme will cover 92% of Assam’s population with annual income below Rs.5 lakh.
1. Nordic nations support India’s permanent membership
- Sweden,Denmark,Iceland,Norway and Finland support India’s permanent membership to the United Nations Security Council.
- At the India-Nordic Summit, it was agreed to enhance cooperation on various issues including economic growth.
2. Iraq gives death sentence to 300 people
- The nation has sentenced them to death over links with ISIS.
- Women were mostly from Turkey.
3. US forces warn Congress against imposing sanctions on India
- US Fleet Forces asked the US Congress not to impose sanctions on India for purchasing defence equipment from Russia.
- Admiral Philip S Davidson said that it could pose a concern in the Indo-Pacific.
4. Puerto Rico hit by power outage
- According to officials, power restoring could take 24 to 36 hrs.
- The island has been facing power outages since Hurricane Maria hit the island last year.
1. Facebook unveils a feature for Indian users
- The feature allows Android users to recharge their prepaid numbers.
- The users can choose the plan under the ‘Mobile Recharge’ section.
2. Amazon launches international shopping
- The feature will enable customers from across the world to order items from the US.
- Details such as price, shipping cost and import duties will be displayed alongside.
3. India is world’s 6th largest economy : IMF
- India has displaced France with a GDP of 2.6 trillion dollars in 2017.
- US, China, Japan, Germany and UK occupy the top 5 positions.
4. UIDAI introduces updated QR code
- The updated QR code can be used for offline Aadhaar verification.
- The Aadhaar number or the biometrics need not be revealed in this process.
1. RR lose to KKR
- RR lose at Jaipur after 9 straight wins.
- KKR lead the IPL 2018 table ahead of SRH with better net run rate.
2. PSG reaches French Cup final
- Paris Saint-Germain won 3-1 against Caen.
- PSG will face Les Herbiers in the finals.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15