Daily Current Affairs 19 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Press releases in Sanskrit
- Uttar Pradesh Government will issue press releases in Sanskrit along with Hindi, English and Urdu.
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath || Capital: Lucknow || Governor: Ram Naik
2. GRIHA Summit 2019
- The 10th edition of Regional Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) summit was held in Nagpur.
- Theme :- ‘Transformation Strategies for Built Environment’.
- GRIHA is an acronym for Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment. GRIHA is a Sanskrit word meaning – ‘Abode’.
- GRIHA is a rating tool that helps people assesses the performance of their building against certain nationally acceptable benchmarks.
3. The 17th Lok Sabha Speaker
- Om Birla has been unanimously elected as the 17th Lok Sabha Speaker.
- He is a two-time BJP member of Parliament from kota, Rajasthan.
4. Fitch Ratings’ GDP Prediction for India
- FY 2019-20 :- 6.6%
- FY 2021-22 :- 7.1%
- Fitch Ratings Inc. is one of the “Big Three credit rating agencies”, the other two being Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s.
- It is one of the three nationally recognized statistical rating organizations designated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 1975.
- Headquarters: New York || CEO: Paul Taylor
1. Director General of Inter-Services Intelligence
- Pakistan Government has appointed Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed as the new Director General of ISI.
- The Inter-Services Intelligence is the premier intelligence agency of Pakistan, operationally responsible for gathering, processing, and analyzing national security information from around the world.
- Headquarters: Islamabad
- The Research and Analysis Wing is the foreign intelligence agency of India. It was established in 1968 following the intelligence failures of the Sino-Indian War.
2. Sustainable Gastronomy Day
- Sustainable Gastronomy Day was observed on June 18.
- Sustainable Gastronomy Day acknowledges gastronomy as a cultural expression related to the natural and cultural diversity of the world.
- It also reaffirms that all cultures and civilizations are contributors and crucial enablers of sustainable development.
1. Digital Currency ‘Libra’
- Facebook is going to launch it’s own digital currency named ‘Libra’.
- It is powered by blockchain technology.
- A blockchain, originally block chain, is a growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked using cryptography. Each block contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block, a timestamp, and transaction data. By design, a blockchain is resistant to modification of the data.
2. GitHub’s New Acquisation
- GitHub has acquired a US-based start-up ‘Pull Panda’.
- GitHub, a subsidiary of Microsoft, is an American web-based hosting service for version control using Git. It is mostly used for computer code. It offers all of the distributed version control and source code management functionality of Git as well as adding its own features.
- Founded: 2008 || Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States || CEO: Nat Friedman
3. UK Sinha Committee
- RBI has set up UK Sinha Committee to review the current framework for the MSME sector.
- Upendra Kumar Sinha is the former chairman of SEBI. His term started in February 2014. He has been appointed for a period of three years. He was the Chairman and Managing Director of the Unit Trust of India Asset Management Company, commonly referred to as UTI Mutual Fund.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992 || Jurisdiction: India || Headquarters: Mumbai || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
4. Randstad Employer Brand Research 2019
- The Top Most-Attractive Employer Brands in India for 2019
- 1. Amazon India
- 2. Microsoft India
- 3. Sony India
- 4. Mercedes-Benz
- 5. IBM
1. Footballer Yerry Mina with Hero MotoCorp
- Hero MotoCorp has appointed Colombian Yerry Mina as its new brand ambassador.
- Hero MotoCorp :- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founder: Brijmohan Lall Munjal || Founded: 19 January 1984
- Yerry Mina is a Colombian professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for English club Everton and the Colombia national team.
2. Federation Cup Basketball Championship 2019
- The 33rd Federation Cup Basketball Championship 2019 was concluded at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida.
- Men’s Winner :- Punjab Police
- Women’s Winner :- Eastern Railway
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30