Daily Current Affairs 19 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will head the National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage.
- It was set up to promote clean and sustainable mobility initiatives in India.
2. National Green Tribunal with Central Pollution Control Board
- National Green Tribunal has instructed Central Pollution Control Board to prepare a noise pollution map.
- It was headed by National Green Tribunal Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel.
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010 is an Act of the Parliament of India which enables creation of a special tribunal to handle the expeditious disposal of the cases pertaining to environmental issues.
- The Central Pollution Control Board of India is a statutory organisation under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. It was established in 1974 under the Water Act, 1974. The CPCB is also entrusted with the powers and functions under the Air Act, 1981.
3. New CM of Goa
- BJP MLA Pramod Sawant was sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Goa.
- The Oath is administered by Goa Governor Mridula Sinha.
4. Darryl D’Monte passes away
- Journalist and Environmental Activist Darryl D’Monte has passed away at 74.
- He was a resident editor at The Indian Express and The Times of India in Mumbai. He was the chairperson of the Forum of Environmental Journalists of India and was the founder-president of the International Federation of Environmental Journalists in Dresden, Germany, in 1993.
- Books:- Ripping the fabric
1. Global Recycling Day
- The Global Recycling Foundation has observed second annual Global Recycling Day on 18th March.
- Theme :- ‘Recycling into the Future’.
- The Global Recycling Foundation was formed in October 2018 by Bureau of International Recycling (BIR), Brussels.
2. Cultural Ambassador of Uzbekistan in India
- Fashion Designer Ritu Beri has been appointed as Cultural and Tourism Ambassador of Uzbekistan in India.
- She was appointed by the Ministry of Tourism of Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan Capital: Tashkent || Currency: Uzbekistani som || President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
3. WhatsApp with NASSCOM Foundation
- WhatsApp has partnered with NASSCOM Foundation to impart digital literacy training in India.
- It is in a bid to curb fake news during General Elections.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
4. Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
- Exercise MITRA SHAKTI is an annual military diplomacy and interaction between Armies of India and Sri Lanka.
- It will be conducted from 26 March to 08 April 2019 in Sri Lanka.
1. IBBI with SEBI
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India has signed an MoU with Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- It is to seek effective implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code) and its allied rules and regulations.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Anand Baiwar, Executive Director, SEBI, and Shri Ritesh Kavdia, Executive Director, IBBI, at Mumbai.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 is the bankruptcy law of India which seeks to consolidate the existing framework by creating a single law for insolvency and bankruptcy. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015 was introduced in Lok Sabha in December 2015. It was passed by Lok Sabha on 5 May 2016.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
2. Cyber-Insurance Cover
- ICICI Lombard has partnered with Mobikwik to provide Cyber-Insurance Cover.
- Protection against unauthorised and fraudulent transactions online, across bank accounts, debit and credit cards and mobile wallets.
- It can be subscribed at Rs 99 per month and with a sum insured of Rs 50000.
- Mobikwik :- CEO: Bipin Preet Singh || Founded: April 2009 || Area served: India || Headquarters: Gurugram || Founders: Bipin Preet Singh, Upasana Taku || Type of business: Privately held company
- ICICI Lombard :- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta || Parent organization: ICICI Bank || Founded: 2001
3. National Supercomputing Mission
- IIT Kharagpur has signed an MoU with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to induct a Petaflop High Performance Computing Facility and Data Center.
- This Program is funded under the National Supercomputing Mission.
- National Supercomputing Mission is a proposed plan by Government of India to create a cluster of seventy supercomputers connecting various academic and research institutions across India.
- In April 2015 government approved the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) with a total outlay of Rs.4500 crore for a period of 7 years.
4. Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV):- Mikros
- Planys Technologies has launched Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV):- Mikros.
- Planys Technologies is an IIT-Madras-incubated start-up
- Mikros has an ability to reach 200-metre depth and can stay for unlimited hours.
1. Australian Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas of Finland has won Australian Grand Prix.
- He defeated Lewis Hamilton.
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes.
2. 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Irfan KT has become first Indian from athletics to qualify for 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- He finished at 4th in the 20-km event of Asian Race Walking Championships in Nomi, Japan.
- Irfan Kolothum Thodi is an Indian athlete from Malappuram, Kerala.
3. South African Women’s Open Golf
- Diksha Dagar of India has won South African Women’s Open in Cape Town.
- She has became the 2nd Indian to win an event on Ladies European Tour after Aditi Ashok.
- Aditi Ashok won Hero Women’s Indian Open in Gurugram in 2016.
- The South African Women’s Open was first played in 1988, is sanctioned by the Women’s PGA of South Africa and is played as part of the Sunshine Ladies Tour. The tournament has been co-sanctioned by the Ladies European Tour 2012–2014 and from 2018.
4. ESPN World Fame 100 list
- 1. Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus FC Club)
- 2. Basketball player LeBron James
- 3. FC Barcelona captain Lionel Messi (Argentina)
- Virat Kohli is at 7th position and is the only Indian athlete in the top 10.
- MS Dhoni is placed in the 13th spot.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31