Daily Current Affairs 19 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Break the Chain’ Campaign
- ‘Break the Chain’ campaign, a mass hand washing campaign has been launched by Kerala Government to combat coronavirus.
- Governor of Kerala: Arif Mohammed Khan.
2. Innovate for an Accessible India campaign
- Innovate for an Accessible India campaign has been launched by Microsoft India and NASSCOM Foundation.
- Aim: To empower people with disabilities with the help of technology.
3. Uttarakhand Government abolishes Quota in Promotion
- Uttarakhand government abolished reservation in promotion in the state government jobs.
- Chief Minister– Trivendra Singh Rawat || Governor– Baby Rani Maurya
1. New Prime Minister of Iraq
- Iraqi President Barham Salih has appointed Adnan al-Zurfi as the new prime minister of the country.
- Iraq: Capital Baghdad || Currency: Iraqi dinar.
1. Regulation of the activities of payment aggregators
- RBI will regulate in entirety the activities of Payment Aggregators (PAs) and provide baseline technology-related recommendations to Payment Gateways (PGs).
- The Regulation of Payment Aggregators and Payment Gateways, non-bank PAs shall require authorisation from RBI under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSSA).
1. Indian Blockchain Fund
- Global Crypto-currency Exchange, Binance has announced a $50 million blockchain fund for India.
- Binance is a global cryptocurrency exchange that provides a platform for trading more than 100 cryptocurrencies. Since early 2018, Binance is considered as the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the world in terms of trading volume.
- CEO: Changpeng Zhao || Founded: July 2017 || Headquarters: Malta
- Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. It is a decentralized digital currency without a central bank or single administrator that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries.
2. The Most valued firm by Market Capitalization
- TCS has overtaken Reliance Industries to become most valued firm by market capitalization.
- 1. TCS
- 2. RIL
- 3. HDFC Bank
- 4. HUL
- 5. HDFC Group
- TCS: CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan || Headquarters: Mumbai
Science and Technology News
1. New Invention of Institute of Nano Science and Technology
- INST has developed a starch-based ‘hemostat’ material which have the natural clotting factors in blood that are critical for stopping the blood flow.
- The Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) is an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under the Society Registration Act, 1960.
1. new MD of Google Cloud India
- Karan Bajwa has become new MD of Google Cloud India.
- Google Cloud Platform, offered by Google, is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end-user products, such as Google Search, Gmail and YouTube.
2. New Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation
- Ravinder Singh Dhillon has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. is an Indian financial institution. Established in 1986, it is the financial back bone of Indian Power Sector.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Owner: Government of India
3. MD & CEO of Bajaj Auto
- Rajiv Bajaj has been reappointed as MD & CEO of Bajaj Auto.
- Bajaj Auto Limited is an Indian global two-wheeler company and three-wheeler manufacturing company based in Pune, Maharashtra. It manufactures motorcycles, scooters and auto rickshaws. Bajaj Auto is a part of the Bajaj Group. It was founded by Jamnalal Bajaj in Rajasthan in the 1940s.
1. Global Recycling Day
- Global Recycling Day is observed on 18th March every year.
- Global Recycling Day was created in 2018 to help recognize, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.
Agreements and MoUs
1. IIT-Kanpur and L&T Technology Services
- IIT-Kanpur and L&T Technology Services have signed MoU for research in Cyber Security Programs.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited, commonly known as L&T is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was founded by two Danish engineers taking refuge in India.
1. Euro 2020 postponed
- UEFA has decided to postpone Euro 2020 for a year due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2020 or simply Euro 2020, is scheduled to be the 16th UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organised by the Union of European Football Associations
2. Indian Women Match officials in ICC Panel
- Indian umpires Janani Narayanan and VrindaRathi were inducted into the International Panel of ICC Development Umpires.
- ICC: Headquarters- Dubai || Chairman- Shashank Manohar || Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Manu Sawhney
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,19 March