Daily Current Affairs 19 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. WB cops offer tea to drivers at night to prevent accidents
- The West Bengal Police have started stopping vehicles on highways at night to offer drivers water and tea to combat drowsiness.
- In 2016, over 6,500 people were killed in fatal accidents in the state.
2. Delhi govt to hire over 250 special educators
- The Delhi govt is planning to open 14 resource centres and hire 41 supervisors to ensure education for all children with different needs.
- Out of 1024 sanctioned posts, 767 posts are already filled.
3. BJP and allies control 19 states after Himachal, Gujarat win
- The BJP runs a coalition with People’s Democratic Party in J&K, Janata Dal(United) in Bihar and Shiv Sena in Maharashtra.
- The party had ended Congress’ 15-yr rule in Assam in 2016.
1. European Parliament praises India for helping rebuild Afghan
- India was praised for its contribution in rebuilding war-torn Afghanistan since the ouster of Taliban regime in 2001.
- India’s economic assistance has funded the building of over 200 schools and over 1,000 scholarships for students in Afghanistan.
2. US blames N Korea for ‘Wanna Cry’ cyber attack in 150 nations
- US Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert publicly blamed N Korea for the cyber attack which hit around 3 lakh computers.
- The UK and technology giant Microsoft has also earlier accused North Korea of the attack.
3.India to host meeting of 30-40 WTO members in February
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu today said India will host a meeting of about 40 WTO members in February to muster support for food security and other issues.
- “We are trying to call a meeting of almost 30-40 countries (WTO ministerial) in Delhi in February just to help multi-lateral process,” Prabhu said here at an event organised by Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC).
1. Airtel to acquire telecom operator Tigo
- Airtel said the acquisition will make it the second largest operator in the African country Rwanda.
- Airtel will have a revenue market share of 40%.
2.German EV startup Magnum Pirex to invest in India
- The company is planning to set up a manufacturing base in Andhra Pradesh.
- The startup has proposed to supply battery-powered vehicles below Rs.10 lakh price range.
3.Tata Steel Joda Mine gets Golden Peacock Innovation Award
- Joda East Iron Mine (JEIM) of Tata Steel has been honoured with the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award for the year 2017 for driving innovation in mines.
- The coveted award, given in recognition of innovation management, was received by Debashis Jena, Chief Joda, Tata Steel at Institute of Directors India’s 2nd Global Convention held at Singapore recently
1. Kerala Kings beat Punjab Legends to win 1st ever T10 title
- Kerala Kings thrashed Punjabi Legends by 8 wickets at Sharjah to become the first-ever T10 Cricket League Champions.
- The inaugural edition of the tournament saw participation from various international cricketers.
2. India finishes 1st at junior boxing championship in Germany
- The boxers clinched 6 gold, 4 silver and 1 bronze medal at the 5th International Sven Lange Memorial Tournament in Germany.
- India was named the tournament’s best team.
3. Aakarshi Kashyap wins Badminton Jr. Nationals U-17 & U-19 singles titles
- India’s top-ranked junior shuttler Aakarshi Kashyap won U-17 and U-19 singles titles at junior Nationals in Guwahati.
- In Under-17 category, 16-year-old from Bhilai defeated Malvika Bansod. In under 19 category final, Kashyap beaten Vaidehi Choudhari 22-20, 21-11.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15