Daily Current Affairs 19 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Cancer Institute
- National Cancer Institute in Jhajjar, Haryana has started its operation.
- It is a project under AIIMS Delhi will be headed by Dr G.K. Rath (Chief of Institute Rotary Cancer hospital,AIIMS).
2. National Women’s Party (NWP)
- An all-women political party named The National Women’s Party has been launched in New Delhi.
- The party aims to get 50% reservation for women candidates in Parliament and other places.
- President:- Dr. Swetha Shetty
3. 57th Goa Liberation Day
- India liberated Goa. On December 19, 1961, Goa officially became part of India and two years later, held its first general election.
- Goa Liberation Day marks the day on which Goa was released from Portuguese dominance with assistance from the Indian Navy in 1961.
4. Two new AIIMS
- Cabinet has approved to set up two new AIIMS at Madurai, Tamil Nadu and at Bibinagar, Telangana.
- It will be set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
1. Zambia as a member of ISA
- Zambia has decided to become a member of the International Solar Alliance.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of more than 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
2. International Migrants Day
- International Migrants Day was observed on 18 December in accordance with Resolution 55/93 of the United Nations General Assembly, adopted on 4 December 2000.
- Theme : Migration with Dignity
3. 2018 Word of the Year by Merriam-Webster
- Merriam-Webster has selected ‘justice’ as its Word Of The Year-2018.
- Acc. to Oxford Dictionary :- ‘Toxic’
- Acc. to Dictonary.com :- ‘Misinformation’
4. Tulsi Giri passes away
- Former Nepal’s Prime Minister Tulsi Giri has passed away at 92 in Kathmandu.
- Tulsi Giri was the Prime Minister of Nepal from 1975 to 1977, and chairman of the Council of Ministers in 1963, and again in 1964 and 1965. He was born in Siraha District, Nepal in 1926. Tulsi was also a Minister in the Congress government of 1959-1960, before its dissolution by King Mahendra.
1. New CBIC Chairman
- Pranab Kumar Das has been appointed as Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
- The Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs is the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics in India.
2. Additional Solicitor General
- Cabinet has appointed Advocate Madhavi Divan as the Additional Solicitor General and will represent Govt. in the Supreme Court.
- Additional Solicitor General of India abbreviated as ASG is a law officer of India and is the third ranking lawyer of the Government of India. The headquarters of Additional Solicitor-General may be at New Delhi or Mumbai or Chennai or Allahabad as the Government of India may specify from time to time.
3. Documentary Period. End Of Sentence.
- Documentary Period. End Of Sentence has been shortlisted by Oscars in Documentary Short Subject category.
- “Period. End of Sentence.” — A documentary short directed by Rayka Zehtabchi — tells their story. For generations, these women didn’t have access to pads, which lead to health problems and girls missing school or dropping out entirely.
4. PETA India’s 2018 Person of the Year
- Actress Sonam Kapoor has been named PETA India’s Person of the Year for 2018.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is an American animal rights organization based in Norfolk, Virginia, and led by Ingrid Newkirk, its international president.
1. Men’s Hockey World Cup Championship 2018
- Winner :- Belgium
- First Runner Up :- The Netherland
- Second Runner Up :- Australia
- Best Player :- Arthur Van Doren(Belgium)
- Top goal scorer :- Blake Govers(Australia) and Alexander Hendrickx(Belgium).
- Fair play award :- Spain
2. Manchester United’s caretaker manager
- Manchester United has sacked manager Jose Mourinho.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been confirmed as Manchester United caretaker manager.
3. IPL 2019 Auction
- Kings XI Punjab has bought spinner Varun Chakravarthy(Tamilnadu) for Rs 8.4 crore(Highest).
- Sam Curran (England) as foreign player for Rs 7.2 crore(Highest foreign Player) by Kings XI Punjab.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15