Daily Current Affairs 19 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Agri leadership Summit 2019
- Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated the 4th Agri Leadership Summit 2019 at the India International Horticulture Market in Ganaur, Haryana.
- Entrepreneurship and Agri Business, Agri Allied – A Promising Sector and Agri Service- Direct Marketing will be the themes of the Agri Leadership Summit 2019
2. India’s first ‘Full-dome 3D Digital Theatre’
- India’s first ‘Full-dome 3D Digital Theatre’ is installed at the Science City in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- It was inaugurated by Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma.
3. Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony
- President Kovind has presented the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- 2014 – Rajkumar Singhajit Singh (Exponent of Manipuri dance)
- 2015 – Chhayanaut (a cultural organization of Bangladesh).
- 2016 – Ram Vanji Sutar (Renowned sculptor and scholar)
- The Tagore Award is an award given in commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of the Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore (1861–1941) for cultural harmony. Established in 2011 by Government of India, it is given for outstanding achievement in fostering harmony and universalism and values of cultural harmony especially in conflict or extreme situations through innovative systems/strategies and which have an enduring and transformational impact.
- Ram Vanji Sutar has designed the Statue of Unity which it is the world’s tallest statue at the height of 182 metres (597 feet) exceeding the Spring Temple Buddha by 54 meters.
1. 72th member of International Solar Alliance
- Argentina has became the 72nd country to sign the Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of more than 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. now extended to all members of UN.
- Founded: 2015 || Head: H.E. Upendra Tripathy || Founded at: Paris, France || Membership: All members of UN || Purposes: Sustainability, Natural environment, Public transport || Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, Haryana, India
2. Wallace Smith Broecker passes away
- Climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker, who popularised the term ‘global warming’ and was known in science circles as the ‘Grandfather of Climate Science’.
- Wallace Smith Broecker was an American geophysicist. He was the Newberry Professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University, a scientist at Columbia’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory and a sustainability fellow at Arizona State University.
3. Author Andrea Levy passes away
- British Author Andrea Levy has passed away at 62.
- Andrea Levy was an English author best known for the novels Small Island and The Long Song. She was born in London to Jamaican parents, and her work explores topics related to British Jamaicans and how they negotiate racial, cultural and national identities.
4. Semi-heavy submarine ‘Fateh’
- Iran has unveiled the first ingenious semi-heavy submarine named ‘Fateh’.
- Iran :- Capital – Tehran || Currency – Rial || President – Hassan Rouhani
1. Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund
- Govt. has raised Rs.10000 crore from Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund by additional offering.
- The Government of India launched the Bharat 22 ETF on 14th November 2017. Bharat 22 is an Exchange-traded fund (ETF) which will closely track the performance of the Bharat 22 Index.
- Bharat 22 consists of shares of 22 large companies from the universe of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and some of the strategic holding of the investment arm of the Government called SUUTI ( or Specific Undertaking of Unit Trust of India.)
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund AMC will manage the fund.
2. New President of the Astronomical Society of India
- GC Anupama has become the first woman to be elected as the president of the Astronomical Society of India.
- The Astronomical Society of India is an Indian society of professional astronomers and other professionals from related disciplines. It was founded in 1972, with Vainu Bappu being the founder President of the Society, and as of 2010 has a membership of approximately 1000.
3. BIGO Technology to invest in India
- Singapore-based social media platform BIGO Technology will invest around $100 million to expand its business in India.
- Singapore, an island city-state off southern Malaysia, is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population. Its colonial core centers on the Padang, a cricket field since the 1830s and now flanked by grand buildings such as City Hall, with its 18 Corinthian columns. In Singapore’s circa-1820 Chinatown stands the red-and-gold Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, said to house one of Buddha’s teeth.
1. MC Mary Kom with PUMA
- MC Mary Kom has been named brand ambassador of PUMA, India.
- She will lead PUMA’s #DoYou conversation that aims to motivate women across the nation to be strong and accomplish their goals.
2. International Hockey Federation Award
- FIH Player of the Year :- Men – Arthur van Doren (Belgium) || Women – Eva de Goede (Netherlands)
- FIH Goalkeeper of the Year :- Men – Vincent Vanasch (Belgium) || Women – Maddie Hinch (Great Britain)
- FIH Rising Star of the Year :- Men – Arthur de Sloover (Belgium) || Women – Lucina von der Heyde (Argentina)
3. Mallakhamb World Championship
- The First Mallakhamb World Championship was held in Shivaji Park in central Mumbai.
- India has become the winner in the Inaugural Edition.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,19 February
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14
- Daily Current Affairs: February 15
- Daily Current Affairs: February 16
- Daily Current Affairs: February 17
- Daily Current Affairs: February 18
- Daily Current Affairs: February 19
- Daily Current Affairs: February 20
- Daily Current Affairs: February 21
- Daily Current Affairs: February 22
- Daily Current Affairs: February 23
- Daily Current Affairs: February 24
- Daily Current Affairs: February 25
- Daily Current Affairs: February 26
- Daily Current Affairs: February 27
- Daily Current Affairs: February 28