Daily Current Affairs 19 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Diffo bridge
- Diffo Bridge is 426.60 metre long over Chipu River in Lower Dibang Valley District in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is inaugurated by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
2. Mughalsarai tehsil as Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay
- Mughalsarai tehsil will be renamed as Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay tehsil as a resolution is passed by Uttar Pradesh Govt.
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay was an RSS thinker and co-founder of the political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of Bharatiya Janata Party. He became president of the Jana Sangh in December 1967.
3. India’s First Lithium Ion Giga Factory
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and Libcoin will build 1 GWh lithium ion battery plant in India.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited owned and founded by the Government of India, is an engineering and manufacturing company based in New Delhi, India. Established in 1964, BHEL is India’s largest power generation equipment manufacturer.
4. 9th Hyderabad literary festival
- China is the focus country at 9th Hyderabad literary festival (HLF) which will start from January 25.
- Gujarati Language will the focus Language in the HLF 2019.
1. World Orange Festival
- The second edition of World Orange Festival has begun in Nagpur.
- Nagpur orange is a variety of orange grown in Nagpur. It is rustic and pockmarked exterior which is sweet and has juicy pulp. It gives the city of Nagpur its pseudonym Orange City. The Geographical Indication was applied for Nagpur Orange with the registrar of GIs in India, and is effective as of April 2014.
2. Mary Oliver passes away
- American poet Mary Oliver has passed away at the age of 83.
- Mary Jane Oliver was an American poet who won the National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize. In 2007 The New York Times described her as “far and away, this country’s best-selling poet.”
3. Chief Justice of Pakistan
- Justice Asif Saeed Khosa has taken oath as the 26th Chief Justice of Pakistan.
- Pakistan:- President: Arif Alvi || Prime Minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani Rupee
4. Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty
- United States will withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty on February 2.
- It is a 1987 arms control agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union (and later its successor state the Russian Federation). Signed in Washington, D.C. by President Ronald Reagan and General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev on 8 December 1987.
1. BES EXPO 2019
- BES EXPO 2019 is the 25th International conference and exhibition on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting.
- It was inaugurated by Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare and TRAI Chairman RS Sharma.
- Theme :- ‘Next Gen Broadcasting in the IT World’
2. HDFC Standard Life Insurance now as HDFC Life Insurance
- ‘HDFC Standard Life Insurance’ has renamed itself to ‘HDFC Life Insurance’.
- HDFC Life Insurance: Headquarters: Mumbai || Tagline: Sar Utha ke Jiyo || MD & CEO: Ms. Vibha Padalkar.
3. Japan International Cooperation Agency’s with Govt. of India
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed the Loan Agreement with Government of India for Chennai Peripheral Ring Road and for Sustainable Development Goal in India.
- This Loan Agreement comes under Japan’s Official Development Assistance Loan Program.
- It was signed between CS Mohapatra, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic affairs and Katsuo Matsumoto, Chief Representative JICA.
4. India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)’s GDP Forecast
- Acc. to India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), The GDP forecast for India in FY 2019-20 will be 7.5%.
- Ind-Ra is a Fitch Group company, headquartered in Mumbai, Ind-Ra has seven branch offices located in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune. Ind-Ra is recognised by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Reserve Bank of India and National Housing Bank.
1. 16th Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Boxer Mary Kom will be the event ambassador for the 16th Tata Mumbai Marathon.
- The 16th Tata Mumbai Marathon will be held in January 20, 2019.
2. 2019 Malaysia Masters (badminton)
- Saina Nehwal is out of the Malaysia Masters 2019 after losing 16-21, 13-21 to Carolina Marin of Spain in the semifinal match.
- The 2019 Malaysia Masters is the second tournament of the 2019 BWF World Tour and also part of the Malaysia Masters championships, which has been held since 2009. This tournament was organized by the Badminton Association of Malaysia, sanctioned by the BWF.
- The 2019 BWF World Tour, known officially as 2019 HSBC BWF World Tour, is the second season of the BWF World Tour of badminton, a circuit of 26 tournaments towards the finals.
3. Vikas Krishan’s Professional Circuit Debut
- Vikas Krishan has defeated American Steven Andrade in New York.
- Vikas Krishan Yadav is an Indian male boxer from Bhiwani district in Haryana, who won a gold medal in the 2010 Asian Games in the Lightweight category and a gold medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,19 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31