Daily Current Affairs 19 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) is organising “Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan” in five main Ganga basin states – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- State Forest Departments of these states have been made the nodal agencies for the smooth and effective execution of the campaign.
2. Infusion of Rs 11,336 crore in five state-owned lenders Banks
- Finance ministry today approved infusion of Rs 11,336 crore in five state-owned lenders namely Punjab National Bank (PNB), Allahabad Bank, Corporation Bank, Andhra Bank and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) is going to get the highest amount of Rs 2,816 crore.
3. ‘Transgender Poets’ Meet’
- India’s first government-sponsored ‘Transgender Poets’ Meet’ was organised at the Sahitya Akademi in West Bengal’s Kolkata.
- The meet was chaired by India’s first transgender college principal Manabi Bandyopadhyay.
1. Nelson Mandela International Day 2018 was observed internationally on 18th July
- This year marks 100 years since the birth of Nelson Mandela (18 July 1918).
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation is dedicating this year’s Mandela Day to ‘Action Against Poverty’.
2. First Pondicherry International Film Festival (PIFF)
- Puducherry Tourism has announced the first Pondicherry International Film Festival with a showcase over 100 films from more than 25 countries.
- France is the partner country for the festival.
3. EU, Japan Signed Free Trade Deal
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and European Union (EU) leaders signed a free trade agreement.
- This is done to eliminate tariffs on a majority of their products to enhance business between the two sides.
1. RBI will issue new ₹100 notes
- Lavender coloured new ₹100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series. The new denomination has the motif of Gujarat’s archaeological site ‘Rani ki vav’.
- Dimension of the new banknote will be 66 mm × 142 mm.
2. Amazon to hit $900 billion market cap
- Amazon crossed $900-billion market cap for the first time and became the second company after Apple.
- Apple is currently the world’s most valuable company with a market cap of $935 billion.
3. PhonePe Acquired Zopper Retail
- PhonePe has acquired Zopper Retail – a hyperlocal Point of Sale (POS) platform for small and medium businesses.
- Flipkart’s digital payment subsidiary is PhonePe.
4. Jana Small Finance Bank Launched Commercial Operations
- Jana Small Finance Bank commenced its banking operations and is the last microfinance company to convert itself into a small finance bank (SFB)
- Ajay Kanwal is the MD and CEO of Jana Small Finance Bank.Registered office of Jana Small Finance Bank is in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
1. India’s Chef de Mission at Asian Games
- Brij Bhushan Saran Singh is set to be named the Chef de Mission of the Asian Games.
- He is currently Wrestling Federation of India (WFI)’s president.
2. Sotteville Athletics Meet
- Neeraj Chopra has clinched a gold medal at the Sotteville Athletics Meet in France.
- He secured the top spot in the podium with an 85.17m throw.
3. The Official partner for Hockey Men’s World Cup 2018
- Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) became Official partner for Hockey Men’s World Cup 2018.
- The world cup is scheduled to be held from November 28 to December 16 at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15