Daily Current Affairs 19 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Medical Commission
- Cabinet has approved National Medical Commission Bill, 2019.
- It will set-up a National Medical Commission in place of Medical Council of India and repeal the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare: Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
2. Protection of Great Indian Bustard and Lesser Florican
- Supreme Court of India has drafted a High Powered Committee for the protection of two Indian birds- Great Indian Bustard and Lesser Florican.
- The lesser florican, also known as the likh or kharmore, is the smallest in bustard family and is endemic to the Indian Subcontinent.
- The great Indian bustard or Indian bustard is a bustard found on the Indian subcontinent. A large bird with a horizontal body and long bare legs, giving it an ostrich like appearance, this bird is among the heaviest of the flying birds.
3. Neutrino Observatory
- Government of India will build the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) at Pottipuram in Theni District of Tamil Nadu.
- It is with aim to set-up Iron Calorimeter (ICAL) detector to observe naturally occurring atmospheric neutrinos in a cavern at the end of a 2km long tunnel in a mountain.
4. Ayush Wellness Centres
- Government of India will set up 4200 Ayush Wellness Centres in FY 2019-20.
- It will inducted by Department of Ayush (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy, and Yoga).
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicine.
- The ministry is headed by a Minister of State which is currently occupied by Shripad Yesso Naik.
5. Two New Districts in TamilNadu
- Tenkasi District will be established by splitting Tirunelveli District.
- Chengalpet District will be established by splitting Kanchipuram District.
1. BRICS’ Foreign Ministers Meeting
- External Affairs Minister of India S Jaishankar will be visiting Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to attend BRICS’ Foreign Ministers Meeting.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
- The 11th BRICS Summit to be held in Brasilia in November 2019.
2. Kulbhushan Jadhav case
- International Court of Justice ruled in favour of India in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case.
- According to ICJ, Pakistan has violated Vienna Convention on Consular Relations in the case.
- Kulbhushan Jadhav is alleged by the Pakistani government that he was arrested in the Pakistani province of Balochistan on charges of terrorism and spying for India’s intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing.
- The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963 is an international treaty that defines a framework for consular relations between independent states.
3. Ebola crisis in Congo
- WHO has declared Ebola crisis in Democratic Republic of Congo a public health emergency.
- The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- WHO Director-General : Tedros Adhanom
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
1. Asian Development Bank’s GDP Prediction for India
- ADB has cut India’s GDP Growth Rate from 7.2% to 7.0% for FY20.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
2. Sri Lankan Government with IRCON International Ltd
- Sri Lankan Government has signed an agreement with IRCON International Ltd of India for upgradation of Railway Tracks.
- Ircon International Limited, formerly Indian Railway Construction Company Limited, is an engineering and construction, specialized in transport infrastructure. The PSU was established in 1976, by the Government of India under the Companies Act 1956.
- Sri Lanka: Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
3. West Bengal Government with British Council
- West Bengal Government has signed an MOU with British Council for improving English Speaking skills of the students.
- The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || CEO: Ciarán Devane
- West Bengal: Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar || Capital: Kolkata || Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
1. Head Coach of SunRisers Hyderabad
- Trevor Bayliss has been appointed as the head coach of SunRisers Hyderabad.
- Trevor Harley Bayliss is an Australian cricket coach and former first class cricketer. He played for New South Wales between 1985 and 1997 before becoming a coach. Bayliss is currently coach of England.
2. 2019 Hero Intercontinental Cup
- Winner: North Korea
- Runners-up: Tajikistan
- Top scorers: Sunil Chhetri of India and Jong Il-gwan of North Korea
- Best Player: Jong Il-gwan of North Korea
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31