Daily Current Affairs 19 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India-Greek business forum
- Ram Nath Kovind, addressed a gathering of diplomats, policymakers and academics in Athens on the subject “India and Europe in a Changing World”. The event was organised by the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) – a leading foreign policy think tank in Greece and in Europe.
- He also Invited Greek shipping companies to participate in Sagarmala project.
2. Workshop on Cyber Security Framework – 2018
- A workshop on Cyber Security Framework for Department of Defence was organised by DDP, Ministry of Defence. The workshop was inaugurated by Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Department of Defence Production for formulating Cyber Security Framework for DDPand also establishing Cyber Security Cells at various levels to handle cyber security related issues.
3. Chief Ministers’ Subgroup Constituted to Coordinate Policy Approaches for Agriculture and MGNREGS
- Government has set up a Chief Ministers Subgroup to Coordinate Policy Approaches for Agriculture and MGNREGS .
- The move comes in the backdrop of the vision of the Prime Minister towards Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022 which requires a multi-dimensional and inclusive approach. It comes close on the heels of the unanimous decision taken at the 4th meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog on 17thJune.
4. Union Government’s collaboration with Google will help in effective flood management.
- The Central Water Commission (CWC), India’s apex technical organisation in the field of Water Resources signed a Collaboration Agreement with Google for flood forecasting.
- Union Government’s collaboration with Google will help in effective flood management by future forcasting in india.
1. International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development 2018-2028
- United Nations and Government of Republic of Tajikistan are jointly organizing the Conference to discuss key water related issues of sustainable development goals adopted by UN member countries.
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation and Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari is scheduled to visit Republic of Tajikistan to represent India in the high-level Conference on “International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development, 2018-2028”
2. Ivan Duque to become youngest Colombian President
- Ivan Duque was elected Colombia’s next President on Sunday after promising to roll back a peace accord with the FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) rebels.
- Duque, who will turn 42 just before taking office on August 8, will be Colombia’s youngest ever President.
3. World Bank approves 700 mn dollar to improve primary education in Bangladesh
- The World Bank has approved $700 million to improve the primary education sector in Bangladesh. It will also finance implementation of the government’s Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP4).
- This project will build about 95,000 classrooms, teachers’ rooms, and multipurpose rooms. It will also build 80,000 Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) blocks and 15,000 safe water sources. The projects will provide recruitment to about 100,000 teachers.
1. Uber appoints Pradeep Parameswaran as its new India head
- Uber Technologies Inc. has elevated former Mckinsey and Co. Inc. executive Pradeep Parameswaran as its new India and South Asia head.
- Parameswaran takes over the role from Amit Jain, who has been tasked with heading Uber’s entire Asia Pacific business past month.
2. State-run BSNL to launch 5G services together with telcos worldwide
- Government-owned telecom carrier Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is expected to rollout ultra-high-speed fifth-generation or 5G services in tandem with the global launch.
- BSNL is aggressively working together with multinational vendors such as Nokia, Coriant and ZTE on a 5G technology roadmap and aims to unveil enterprise as well as consumer services starting 2020.
3. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos becomes the world’s richest man
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of USD 141.9 billion, the Forbes World’s Billionaires list.
- Bezos’ wealth has grown more than USD 5 billion since June 1 to beat Bill Gates, the principal founder of Microsoft Corporation, who is the second-richest man in the world with USD 92.9 billion.
4. RBI eases norms for FPIs to invest in debt securities and corporate bonds
- It can help attract more overseas flows and thereby help elevate the recent fall in the rupee and also lift the recent fall in demand for corporate bonds.
- The RBI increased the FPIs cap on investment in government security to 30 per cent from 20 per cent earlier. FPIs are permitted to invest with a minimum maturity of three years.
1. Brooks Koepka Wins 2nd US Open Golf Title 2018
- American golfer Brooks Koepka has made history and finished strong as he became the first player in 29 years to win back-to-back US Open titles at Shinnecock Hills in New York.
- The World number one Dustin Johnson finished third at plus-three on account of a 70. With this, Koepka becomes the first player since Curtis Strange in 1988-89 to win back-to-back U.S. Open events.
2. 10-year-old Rishi becomes first Indian ball-boy in World Cup
- Ten-year-old Rishi Tej from Bengaluru became the first Indian to carry the FIFA World Cup official ball to the pitch in the group stage match between Belgium and Panama on Monday.
- Another Indian kid, Nathania from Tamil Nadu, the lone girl selected among the 64 kids from across the globe, will carry the ball in Brazil-Costa Rica match on Friday.
3. Indian football team likely to play Saudi Arabia, China in friendly games ahead of AFC Asian Cup 201
- After the success in the Intercontinental Cup 2018, the Indian football team could be all set to face some difficult opponents in the form of Saudi Arabia and China.
- The Indian national football team recorded an excellent performance in the recently-concluded Intercontinental Cup, winning the tournament that consisted of three other teams – New Zealand, Kenya and Chinese Taipei.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15