Daily Current Affairs 19 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Kumaraswamy to take oath as CM of Karnataka
- This comes after BS Yeddyurappa resigned as CM ahead of the SC floor test.
- JD(S)-Congress alliance proved majority with 115 seats.
2. Dabbawalas to deliver couriers
- Mumbai’s Dabbawalas may start delivering couriers and parcels in addition to the tiffins.
- The Associations said that the move is aimed at increasing the income of members.
3. Clean-up drive for beaches
- The Centre launched the drive for 24 beaches and waterbodies.
- This is ahead of the Environment Day which will hosted by India this year on June 5th.
1. Prince Harry gets married to Meghan Markle
- The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was held in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom.Prince Harry is sixth-in-line to the British throne.
- The couple will be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
2. India takes US to WTO
- India has pulled US to WTO over import duties on steel and aluminium.
- The US has imposed 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminium imported except from Canada and Mexico.
3. Israel to be probed for war crimes
- UNHRC voted for the probe after 60 Palestinians were killed near the Gaza strip.
- The body said the Israel did not make attempts to minimise the casualties.
4. Jagriti Yatra wins Charity Award
- The charity organises 15-day train journey covering 800 km for 400 young change-makers across India every year.
- The award was won at the Asian Voice Charity Awards at London.
1. Harish Manwani appointed as independent director of Tata Sons
- Manwani will retire as the non-executive Chairman of HUL.
- He also serves on the board of Whirlpool, Qualcomm and Nielsen Holdings.
2. NITI Aayog’s symposium begins
- Venture Capital Symposium 2018 is organised to deepen economic relations between France and India.
- The French investors will interact with 100 mid-size startups in India across the 3-day symposium.
3. Swraj Paul wins Lifetime Achievement Award
- He won the award for promoting brand India in UK.
- Paul is the founder of Caparo Group of Industries.
1. KKR reach IPL playoffs
- Two-time IPL Champions KKR is the 3rd team to reach playoffs this year.
- KKR defeated SRH to achieve this.
2. Youngest woman to scale Mt.Everest
- 16-yr old Shivangi Pathak is the youngest to scale the mountain.
- She said she was inspired by Arunima Sinha who is the 1st Indian amputee to scale the mountain.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15