Daily Current Affairs 19 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Nation pays homage to former PM Indira Gandhi on her 100th Birth Anniversary.
- A grateful nation is paying homage to former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 100th Birth Anniversary.
- A commemorative program to mark the anniversary of Gandhi was held at Shakti Sthal, New Delhi.
2.MP launches ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana’.
- Madhya Pradesh is the partner state of Manipur and Nagaland under ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana’.
- “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” was announced by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3.Stone sculptures of Mamallapuram get GI tag.
- The hand-crafted stone sculptures of Mamallapuram have been granted the Geographical Indications tag by the GI registry.
- The Group of monuments at Mahabalipuram is a collection of 7th and 8th century religious monuments in the coastal beach resort town of Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
1.World Toilet Day: 19th November.
- In a bid to help break taboos around toilets and make sanitation for all a global development priority, the United Nations General Assembly designated 19th November as World Toilet Day.
- World Toilet Day has previously been marked by international and civil society organizations all over the world.
2.AVPS Chakravarthi appointed World Packaging Organisations Ambassador.
- Ecobliss India Managing Director AVPS Chakravarthi has been appointed as the ambassador of World Packaging Organistaion at its 99th board meeting held in Rio de Generio, Brazil.
- He has served as chairman of Indian Institute of Packaging, Hyderabad and has been on the board of Indian Institute of Packaging for over a decade.
3.India’s Manushi Chillar crowned Miss World 2017.
- India’s Manushi Chillar has won the coveted Miss World 2017 crown at a grand event in China, bringing to an end the country’s dry spell of 17 years at the top pageant contest.
- The 20-year old from Haryana, who is a medical student, edged out top five contestants from England, France, Kenya and Mexico.
4.Former PM Manmohan Singh to get Indira Gandhi peace prize.
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will receive the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development this year for his leadership of the country between 2004 and 2014.
- The award comprising a cash prize of Rs.25lakh and a citation, was instituted by Indira Gandhi Memorial trust in 1986.
3.India’s first coastal economic zone to come up in Maharashtra.
- The government has given the go-ahead for setting up India’s first mega coastal economic zone(CEZ) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust(JNPT) in Maharashtra as part of a plan to develop 14 such industrial clusters to spur manufacturing and generate jobs.
- The plan envisages a total investment of Rs.15,000crore in the first phase and creation of more than 1.5lakh jobs.
2.Mukesh Ambani: India will become $7 trillion economy in next 10 years
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, at the launch of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) chairman AM Naik’s biography titled ‘The Nationalist’, said “In the next 10 years, India will go from a USD 2.26 trillion economy to USD 7 trillion.’’
- He also said that, “this will be the biggest opportunity in the world and I am sure that engineers like you and me and entrepreneurs will really take a lesson from your book and life.”
3.Surat beats Kolkata to become India’s new capital for tax-evading shell companies
- According to the Income Tax department, a majority of the companies featuring on the new list of shell firms provided by the government are based in Surat.
- Over 80% of 2,138 shell firms that deposited unaccounted cash of Rs 5,000 cr during note ban were from Surat.
1.Afghanistan beat Pakistan to win U-19 Asia Cup 2017.
- Afghanistan defeated Pakistan by 185 runs to lift the ACC Under-19 Cup 2017 trophy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Afghanistan batted first and put up a total of 248/7, helped by an unbeaten century from Ikram Faizi.
2.3-time Olympic Champion ‘Pocket Hercules’ dies aged 50.
- Turkey’s three time Olympic gold medal winning weightlifter Naim Suleymanoglu died aged 50 due to liver failure.
- Dubbed the ‘Pocket Hercules’ due to his short height of 4.8 feet, Bulgaria born Suleymanoglu won the World Championships five times representing Turkey and twice representing Bulgaria.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,19 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15