Daily Current Affairs 19 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Asia’s first female neurosurgeon passes away
- Dr. TS Kanaka has passed away at 86 in Chennai.
- She was known as Tanjore Santhana Krishna Kanaka, was Asia’s first female neurosurgeon and one of the world’s first few female neurosurgeons.
2. Online learning programme–‘KOOL’
- Kerala has launched new open online learning programme–‘KOOL’.
- It was launched by Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE)
3. Nongkrem dance festival
- Nongkrem dance festival was celebrated by the people of the Khasi Hills, in Meghalaya.
- ‘Ka Shad Mastieh’ dance is performed in the festival.
4. ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy’ Award
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has conferred ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy’ Award to N Ram.
- N Ram is an eminent journalist and former Editor of The Hindu New Paper.
- The award was presented on the occasion of the National Press Day (16th November 2018)
1. World Customs Organisation
- A 4-day regional meeting of World Customs Organisation participated by 33 member countries of Asia, was held in Jaipur.
- It was chaired by Ricardo Travino (WCO Deputy Secretary General) and S Ramesh (CBIC Chairman).
2. 9th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue
- The 9th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue between India and China was held in Beijing.
- India’s defence delegation was led by Sanjay Mitra (Defence secretary).
3. Africa’s First High Speed Train Line
- Morocco has Africa’s first High Speed Train Line which was inaugurated by French President Emmanuel Macron and Morocco’s King Mohammed VI.
- Morocco:- Capital: Rabat || Currency: Moroccan dirham.
4. Exercise Indra 2018
- The 10th edition of Indra 2018, India, Russia joint military exercise has started in Jhansi, UP.
- It will continue for 11 days and it will expect to finish on November 28, 2018.
1. Visa with payment gateway BillDesk
- Visa has announced that it will take a minority stake in Indian payment gateway BillDesk.
- Visa Inc. is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Foster City, California, United States. It facilitates electronic funds transfers throughout the world, most commonly through Visa-branded credit cards, gift cards, and debit cards.
- BillDesk is an Indian online payment gateway company based in Mumbai, India. As of 2015, the company is worth USD 1 billion.
2. Myntra with Jabong
- Myntra revealed plans to acquire Jabong with itself.
- The Amalgated Entity will continue to be led by Myntra CEO Ananth Narayanan and he will report to Flipkart CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
- Flipkart had acquired Myntra in 2014 and Myntra had acquired Jabong in 2016.
3. Association of Surgeons of India(ASI)
- Raghu Ram has been elected as president of Association of Surgeons of India.
- Raghu Ram is a recipient of Padma Shri award and B.C. Roy National Award.
4. OYO Hotels’ New CEO
- OYO Hotels has appointed Aditya Ghosh as CEO for its India and South Asia operation.
- OYO:- Founded – 2013 || Founder and Group CEO – Ritesh Agarwal
1. 8th Asian Shotgun Championship
- 8th Asian Shotgun Championship was held in Kuwait.
- Angad Vir Singh Bajwa has become the first Indian skeet shooter to win a gold. This was India’s Only Gold Medal from the tournament.
2. Oye Hoye Cup 2018
- Pakistan Cricket Board will conduct a 3 match test series trophy titled ‘Oye Hoye Cup 2018’ between Pakistan and New Zealand.
- It was coined after Pakistani potato chips brand Oye Hoye chips.
3. ATP World Tour Finals
- Alexander Zverev (Germany) has defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to win his maiden ATP World Tour Finals title.
- He won with a score line of 6-4, 6-3.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15