Daily Current Affairs 19 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. India will grant medical visas in all deserving cases
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj announced that India will grant medical visa in all deserving requests that are pending.
- Earlier, she had directed the Indian High Commission in Islamabad to issue a visa to a Pakistani child for medical treatment in India.
2. Rs.133 crore sanctioned to give Ayodhya a makeover
- This is to develop Ayodhya’s ghats and provide the town with various amenities.
- The state has also set aside Rs.12 crore for beautification of ‘Ram ki Pairi’ on the banks of Saryu river.
3. Aadhar not mandatory for benefits of welfare schemes: UIDAI
- UIDAI Chief Ajay Bhushan said, nobody will be denied access to welfare schemes due to lack of Aadhar card.
- This comes after a 11-yr old in Jharkhand died of starvation after her family was denied food as their ration card was not linked to Aadhar.
1. 43 troops killed in Taliban attack on Afghan military base
- 2 suicide bombers carried out the attack using all-terrain vehicles stolen from local security forces.
- Earlier in the week, Taliban militants struck govt targets in several provinces across the country, killing 69 people.
2. 29 French nuclear reactors vulnerable to natural disasters
- 20 nuclear reactors are at risk of a total loss of heat sink and 9 are at a risk of partial loss.
- Earlier, the company operating the nuclear reactors said 20 of them might not be able to withstand earthquakes.
3. Jacinda Ardern named next New Zealand PM
- She has been named two and a half months after becoming the leader of the Labour Party.
- Ardern will be the third woman PM after Jenny Shipley and Helen Clark.
1. Vedanta Chairman to set up fund for startups
- Billionaire Chairman of Vedanta Resources Anil Agarwal will set up a find worth $1 billion.
- This will be the first natural resources focused fund established by an Indian industrialist.
2. US Defence Dept fears hackers could crash the stock market
- The hackers could take down the country’s financial markets and the Defence Dept is working with Wall Street to combat the threat.
- Recently, the US Securities and Exchange Commission admitted that hackers accessed its corporate disclosure database in 2016.
1.Saina Nehwal beats Marin
- Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated Rio Olympic gold medallist Carolina Marin to knock her out of Denmark Open.
- World number 12 Nehwal registered her fifth victory over the world number four Spaniard in nine matches.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15