Daily Current Affairs 19 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Muzaffarpur’s Shahi Litchi
- Shahi Litchi of Muzaffarpur, Bihar has received the geographical indication (GI) tag.
- The first product to get a GI tag in India was the Darjeeling tea in 2004.
2. Vishwa Konkani Book Award
- H M Pernal has been awarded Vishwa Konkani Book Award for his literature ‘Beeg Ani Beegath’.
- ‘Beeg Ani Beegath’ is a collection of short stories in Konkan.
3. First smoke-free State
- Kerala is set to be the first smoke-free State in the country with public sector oil companies targeting 100% LPG penetration.
- Kerala is one of the States with the highest penetration of LPG
4. Wildlife Photographer (Under 10) of the Year
- Arshdeep Singh(Punjab) has won the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award in Under 10 Years category.
- He won the award for the picture named ‘Pipe Owls’ by UK’s Natural History Museum.
1. ‘Hyperion’ – A galaxy proto-supercluster
- Hyperion is the largest and the most massive structure in the early universe known so far.
- The European Southern Observatory ESO operates the Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile detected The Hyperion.
- Acc. to astronomer Steffen Miefke(chief of operations for the ESO), ‘Hyperion’ is like 5,000 galaxies of the Milky Way.
2. Exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand’
- Bilateral military exercise ‘Hand-in-Hand’ will be conducted between India and China in December 2018.
- The last exercise took place in Pune in the year 2016.In 2017 due to Doklam Standoff, It was called off.
3. Illumination satellite – ‘dusk-like glow’
- China is going to launch an illumination satellite named ‘dusk-like glow’ in 2020 which eight times brighter than the Moon.
- It will be able to light an area with a diameter of 10-80 km which might replace streetlights.
4. Exercise ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN-2018’
- India and Japan will hold their first-ever joint military exercise ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN-2018’.
- The exercise will be of Indian Army and Japan Ground Self Defence Force in Mizoram.
1. Reliance Industries with Hathway and Den
- It is a strategic investment partnership with Den Networks Limited and Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited and RIL.
- An investment of Rs 2,045 crore will be done by RIL.
2. Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018
- Dutch photographer Marsel van Oosten has won Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018.
- He was awarded for his photo named ‘The Golden Couple’.
- Frans Lanting (Dutch):- lifetime achievement award
3. BankBazaar’s New Advisor
- BankBazaar has appoints Former RBI Deputy Governor S S Mundra as Advisor to the company.
- BankBazaar is a Chennai based Indian online financial market place. The company was founded by Adhil Shetty, Arjun Shetty, and Rati Shetty in 2008.
4. RIL’s new Independent Director
- Reliance Industries(RIL) has appointed Arundhati Bhattacharya as an Independent Director for five years.
- Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian conglomerate holding company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Reliance owns businesses across India engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications.
1. New president of Volleyball Federation of India
- Vasudevan has been appointed as president of Volleyball Federation of India.
- India men’s national volleyball team represents India in international volleyball competitions which is managed by Volleyball Federation of India. It is currently sponsored by Sahara India Pariwar and Asics.
2. Asian Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy
- Asian Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy has begun in Muscat, Oman.
- India won 11-0 to hosts Oman in its opening round match.
3. L&T Mumbai Open Tennis
- The 2nd L&T Mumbai Open Tennis will be hosted by Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association and Cricket Club of India (CCI).
- This would be held at CCI here from October 27 to November 4.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,19 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15