Daily Current Affairs 19th 20th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th 20th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th 20th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th 20th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. New parliament building
- Tata Projects Limited won the bid to construct a new Parliament building at a cost of 861.90 crore.
- The L&T Ltd had submitted a bid of Rs.865 crore.
- Tata group: Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairman : Natarajan Chandrasekaran
1. SBM World Debit Card
- State Bank of Mauritius India has launched ‘SBM World Debit Card’ in partnership with Mastercard.
- State Bank of Mauritius (SBM), is a bank in Mauritius that the Bank of Mauritius, the national banking regulator, has licensed as a commercial bank.
- SBM Bank india: Headquarters: Mumbai || Managing Director & CEO – Sidharth Rath
- Mastercard: CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga || Headquarters: New York
1. 9stacks signs Suresh Raina as brand ambassador
- Online poker platform 9stacks has signed Suresh Raina as its brand ambassador.
2. Volvo Car Financial Services
- Volvo Car India has partnered with HDFC Bank to launch Volvo Car Financial Services.
- HDFC: CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai
- Volvo Car India: Headquarters: Gothenburg, Sweden || CEO: Martin Lundstedt
1. Book ‘Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction’
- Book titled ‘Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction’ is authored by Arundhati Roy.
- Arundhati Roy is an Indian author best known for her novel The God of Small Things, which won the Man Booker Prize for Fiction in 1997 and became the best-selling book by a non-expatriate Indian author. She is also a political activist involved in human rights and environmental causes.
1. PR Krishna Kumar passes away
- Veteran Ayurveda physician PR Krishnakumar has passed away.
- P. R. Krishna Kumar was an Indian ayurvedic physician and the founder of the AVP Research Foundation, a non-profit research organisation promoting research in the Indian medicine system of Ayurveda and Managing Director of The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Ltd.
2. Kapila Vatsyayan passes away
- Veteran Scholar of Indian classical Dance/Art/Architecture/Art-History Dr Kapila Vatsyayan passed away.
- Kapila Vatsyayan was a leading scholar of Indian classical dance, art, architecture, and art history. She served as a member of parliament and bureaucrat in India, and also served as the founding director of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Human Capital Index
- India has been ranked at the 116th position in the latest edition of ‘Human Capital Index’ by World Bank.
- It benchmarks key components of human capital across countries.
- India was ranked 115 out of 157 countries. This year India finds itself at 116th from among 174 countries.
2. Global Smart City Index 2020
- Smart City Index 2020 has been released by Institute for Management Development in collaboration with Singapore University for Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Hyderabad was the top Indian city, placed at the 85th position in the Smart City Index 2020.
- Top Three
- 1. Singapore
- 2. Helsinki
- 3. Zurich
1. 100 International Goals in Football
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Portugal became the second man to score 100 International Goals and First European for the same.
- Ali Daei is on the top of the list who scored 109 times for Iran.
2. World’s Richest Footballer
- Top Three
- 1. Leo Messi with 126 Million USD
- 2. Cristiano Ronaldo with 117 million USD
- 3. Neymar with 96 million USD