Daily Current Affairs 19th 20th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th 20th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th 20th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th 20th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Swasthya’ and ‘ALEKH’ Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched ‘Swasthya’ which is a Tribal Health and Nutrition Portal and a e-newsletter on health and nutrition ‘ALEKH’.
- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda.
2. Ashok Lavasa steps down
- Ashok Lavasa has stepped down as the Election Commissioner of India.
- Ashok Lavasa is set to join the Asian Development Bank as the vice-president from September 2020.
1. World Solar Technology Summit
- Indian Solar Alliance will hold World Solar Technology Summit on September 8.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Headquarters location: Gurugram || Founded at: Paris, France || Founded: 30 November 2015 || Membership: All members of UN || Leader: Upendra Tripathy
2. Innovation Challenge Fund in India
- United Kingdom has launched £3 Million Innovation Challenge Fund in India.
- Aim: To help scientists in academia and industry to address the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
1. NPCI with Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Government has signed up National Payment Corporation of India and Canara Bank to empower village and ward secretariats with digital payments.
- NPCI: Headquarters location: Mumbai || Founded: 2008 || MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
1. Google with CWC
- Google and Central Water Commission of India have launched the flood forecasting initiatives across India.
- Central Water Commission: Chairman: Rajendra Kumar Jain || Headquarters: Sewa Bhawan, New Delhi.
1. New MD of DBS Bank India
- DBS Bank India announced the appointment of Prashant Joshi as Managing Director of DBS Bank India.
- DBS Bank: CEO: Piyush Gupta || Headquarters: Singapore
2. Director General of the Border Security Force
- Former CBI special director Rakesh Asthana appointed the Director General of the Border Security Force.
- The Border Security Force is India’s Primary border guarding organisation on its border with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
3. Meghalaya Governor
- Satya Pal Malik has been appointed as Governor of Meghalaya.
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
4. New Executive Director of SEBI
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has appointed GP Garg as executive director.
- SEBI: Chairman: Ajay Tyagi || Headquarter: Mumbai.
1. World Humanitarian Day
- World Humanitarian Day is observed on 19th August.
- World Humanitarian Day is an international day dedicated to recognize humanitarian personnel and those who have lost their lives working for humanitarian causes.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Knight Frank Prime Global Cities Index
- Knight Frank Prime Global Cities Index is a valuation-based index tracking the movement in prime residential prices
- Top Three
- 1. Philippines
- 2. Tokyo
- 3. Stockholm
- Bengaluru at 26th, New Delhi at 27th and Mumbai is at 32nd position.
2. Pallikkutam National Award
- Pallikkutam National Awards for Innovation in Education 2020 is assessed by Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK) in Association with Federal Bank.
- St Christopher School, Nagaland has won Pallikkutam National Award for Innovation in Education.
1. Sponsorship rights of IPL 2020
- Dream 11 has been named as title sponsorship rights of IPL 2020.
- Dream11 is a fantasy sports platform based in India that allows users to play fantasy cricket, hockey, football, kabaddi and basketball. In April 2019, Dream11 became the first Indian gaming company to enter the ‘Unicorn Club’.
- Founders of Dream 11: Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth.