Daily Current Affairs 19th 20th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th 20th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th 20th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th 20th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Gau Cabinet
- Madhya Pradesh Government has announced ‘Gau Cabinet’ for protection of cows.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel.
1. 2021 UN Climate Change Conference
- The UK Government announced to be the first principal partners for UN climate conference 2021, COP26 in Glasgow.
- UK: Prime minister: Boris Johnson || Capital: London || Currency: Pound sterling
1. Corp Direct – A Direct Investment Portal for Corporates
- BSE has launched ‘Corp Direct’ which is a Direct Investment Portal for Corporates.
- BSE Limited, formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd., is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, it is Asia’s oldest stock exchange. The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than US$2.2 trillion on as of April 2018.
- Key people: Vikramajit Sen; (Chairman) || Ashishkumar Chauhan; (MD & CEO)
2. RuPay Card phase-2 in Bhutan
- Prime Minister Modi and his counterpart Lotay Tshering will virtually launch RuPay Card phase-2 in Bhutan.
- Bhutan: Capital: Thimphu || Prime minister: Lotay Tshering || Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum
3. Lakshmi Vilas Bank under moratorium
- RBI has placed cash-strapped Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) under a moratorium for a period of one month and restricted withdrawals at Rs 25000 for depositors.
- The RBI has also drafted a scheme of amalgamation for LVB with DBS Bank India Ltd.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
1. New Brand Ambassador of Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has appointed Cricketer Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassador.
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Headquarter: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
1. International Students’ Day
- International Students’ Day is an international observance of the student community, held annually on 17 November.
- Aim: To ensure that every student has access to education around the globe.
2. World Toilet Day
- World Toilet Day is an official United Nations international observance day on 19 November to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
- Worldwide, 4.2 billion people live without “safely managed sanitation” and around 673 million people practice open defecation.
3. International Men’s Day
- International Men’s Day is observed every year on November 19.
- Theme: ‘Better health for men and boys’
4. National Integration Day
- National Integration Day (Quami Ekta Divas in India) is celebrated on November 19 every year.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of the first woman Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi.
5. Universal Children’s Day
- Universal Children’s Day is celebrated on 20 November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
- World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day.
6. Naturopathy Day
- The 3rd Edition of Naturopathy Day is celebrated on 18 November.
- The day was declared by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) on November 18, 2018.
1. Bhanwarlal Meghwal passes away
- Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Bhanwarlal Meghwal has passed away.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world
- Indian supercomputer, Param Siddhi has achieved 63rd rank in the list of 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world.
- National Supercomputing Mission: The Mission envisages empowering our national academic and Research and Development (R&D) institutions spread over the country by installing a vast supercomputing grid comprising more than 70 high-performance computing facilities.
1. Exercise Malabar 2020
- Exercise Malabar 2020 has been organised in the Northern Arabian Sea.
- Joint operations of the Vikramaditya Carrier Battle Group of the Indian Navy and Nimitz Carrier Strike Group of the US Navy.
1. ATP Tour No. 1 trophy
- Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic has given the ATP Tour No. 1 trophy for the 6th time for finishing 2020 as the year-end world number one.
- Before this, only Pete Sampras has managed to finish six years on top of the rankings.