Daily Current Affairs 19th 20th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th 20th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th 20th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th 20th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate the annual India Energy Forum by CERAWeek.
- Aim: To further important dialogue on the nation’s new energy future.
2. Ayushman Sahakar scheme
- National Cooperative Development Corporation to launch Ayushman Sahakar scheme to fund co-operative health-care facilities.
- National Cooperative Development Corporation: Headquarters: New Delhi || Sundeep Kumar Nayak, Managing Director
3. Kati Bihu festival
- Kati Bihu festival is celebrated across Assam.
- Assam: Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi.
1. New Zealand’s PM
- Jacinda Ardern has won 2nd term as New Zealand’s Prime Minister.
- New Zealand: Capital: Wellington || Currency: New Zealand dollar.
1. World Statistics Day
- World Statistics Day is observed globally on 20 October by United Nations Statistical Commission.
- Theme: ‘Connecting the world with data we can trust’.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. 2020 Wildlife Photographer of the Year award
- Aishwarya Sridhar became the first Indian woman to win the 2020 Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year is the largest wildlife photography competition in the world. It is an annual international wildlife photography competition owned by the Natural History Museum.
- Her image titled ‘Lights of passion’ has won the award.
2. Asia Power Index 2020
- India has been ranked at 4th most powerful country with a score of 39.7 out of 100 in the Asia Power Index 2020.
- Top Three:
- 1. United States
- 2. China
- 3. Japan
1. Maritime Exercise SLINEX-20
- The 8th edition of the annual Indian Navy and Sri Lanka Navy bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 has started at Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa || Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
1. President of the Delhi and District Cricket Association
- Rohan Jaitley, son of late Union Minister Arun Jaitley, has been elected as the President of the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
2. Denmark Open 2020 (Badminton)
- Women’s Single: Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
- Men’s Single: Anders Antonsen (Denmark)