Daily Current Affairs 19th January 2024: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th January2024. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th January2024. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th January2024 Current affairs test.
1. Karnataka Bank and Clix Capital Partnership
- Karnataka Bank, a prominent entity in India’s private banking sector, has partnered with the innovative NBFC Clix Capital, embarking on a co-lending project using the Yubi Co.lend Platform. This collaboration signifies a transformative step in digital finance, aiming to bridge the financial inclusion gap and serve the underserved market segments effectively.
2. Collaboration Between Karnataka Bank and Digivriddhi
- In a significant initiative to support the agricultural community, Karnataka Bank has collaborated with Digivriddhi, a fintech firm, to provide specialized financial services to dairy farmers and milk societies associated with the Karnataka Milk Federation, beginning with the Chamarajnagar Milk Union.
3. SBI and Rural Development Ministry MoU
- The State Bank of India and the Rural Development Ministry have forged an agreement, signing an MoU to facilitate enterprise financing for rural self-help groups. This partnership aims to spur economic growth and sustainability in rural communities, marking a crucial step in India’s mission towards inclusive financial development.
4. Rajasthan CM Meets Czech PM
- The Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Petr Fiala, was welcomed at Nims University Rajasthan in a historic visit. The occasion was marked by the inauguration of a new research institute and a technology institute, enhancing diplomatic and academic ties between India and the Czech Republic.
5. China’s Population Decline
- China is experiencing a demographic shift with its population declining for the second year in a row in 2023. This decline, intensified by a low birth rate and increased COVID-19 deaths, poses potential challenges for China’s long-term economic growth.
6. Greenland’s Ice Loss
- Recent research reveals Greenland’s ice sheet has lost 20% more ice than previously estimated, significantly contributing to the global rise in sea levels. This finding underscores the importance of global climate change mitigation efforts.
7. Helicopter Services to Ayodhya
- The Uttar Pradesh government is set to launch helicopter services from six districts to Ayodhya, enhancing the pilgrimage experience with aerial tours of the city’s key religious sites. This initiative reflects the government’s commitment to boosting religious tourism and accessibility in Ayodhya.
8. Karnataka High Court’s Fine on State Government
- The Karnataka High Court has imposed a Rs 5 lakh fine on the State Government for failing to comply with a 2020 court order, emphasizing the importance of judicial compliance and the enforcement of legal decisions.
9. IIM Calcutta Director Removed
- The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta has taken decisive action by removing its director-in-charge, Sahadeb Sarkar, due to sexual harassment allegations. This move highlights the institute’s commitment to upholding ethical and respectful academic standards.
10. IREDA and IOB’s Renewable Energy Initiative
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency and the Indian Overseas Bank have entered into an MoU to co-finance renewable energy projects in India. This agreement is a major step towards promoting sustainable energy solutions and streamlining financing for renewable energy projects.
11. POWERGRID’s Acquisition of SPVs
- POWERGRID has strategically acquired four Special Purpose Vehicles to bolster India’s renewable energy transmission infrastructure, representing a significant advancement in the country’s renewable energy commitment.
12. Betavolt’s Revolutionary Battery
- Chinese startup Betavolt has introduced a pioneering nuclear battery with a projected 50-year lifespan, requiring no maintenance or charging. This compact, innovative technology is set to transform the energy sector, offering sustainable and durable power sources.