Daily Current Affairs 19th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 19th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 19th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 19th March 2023 Current affairs test.
Science & Technology
1. Plastic-Infused Rocks Discovered by Brazilian Scientists on a Secluded Island
- On Trindade Island, a secluded haven for turtles, experts from Brazil stumbled upon rocks formed out of plastic waste, raising concerns.
- This fused plastic has amalgamated with the island’s rocks, positioned 708 miles away from the state of Espirito Santo, consisting of a blend of sedimentary particles.
- The primary source of this pollution appears to be discarded fishing nets, which frequently litter the beaches of Trindade Island.
Honours & Awards
2. Bombay Jayashri Honored with the Sangita Kalanidhi Award for 2023
- Bombay Jayashri, a renowned Carnatic singer, has been chosen for the distinguished 2023 Sangita Kalanidhi accolade by the Music Academy in Chennai.
- She initially received training from her parents, subsequently advancing under the guidance of T R Balamani and the celebrated violinist Lalgudi G Jayaraman.
- In 2021, she was a recipient of the Padma Shri award.
- Concurrently, Vasanthalakshmi Narasimhachari, an artist in both Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi dance forms, will be presented with the Nritiya Kalanidhi award 2023.
- These awards are set to be presented in January 2023.
Appointments & Resignations
3. K Krithivasan Takes Over as TCS’s CEO
- Rajesh Gopinathan, the CEO and MD of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has chosen to resign to follow alternative pursuits.
- Effective from March 16, 2023, the TCS board has decided upon Krithivasan as the successor for the role of CEO.
- To ensure a smooth changeover to his successor, Gopinathan will remain with the company until September 15, 2023. During his tenure as the CEO spanning six years, TCS saw an addition of more than $10 billion to its revenues and a market cap boost of over $70 billion.
- Boasting a career in the global tech industry spanning over 34 years, Krithivasan became a part of TCS back in 1989.
- Taking on additional duties as CMD of National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) is Amitava Mukherjee.
- Surekha Yadav has made history by becoming Asia’s first female loco pilot for Vande Bharat Express.
- Mohit Joshi assumes the role of MD and CEO for Tech Mahindra.
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd. welcomes Rohit Jawa as its new MD & CEO.
- Neiphiu Rio has been elected as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for his fifth term.