Daily Current Affairs 1st 2nd September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1st 2nd September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1st 2nd September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1st 2nd September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Statue of Dr Dwarkanath Kotnis
- China is set to unveil a bronze statue of Indian doctor Dwarkanath Kotnis.
- Dwarkanath Shantaram Kotnis, also known by his Chinese name Ke Dihua, was one of the five Indian physicians dispatched to China to provide medical assistance during the Second Sino-Japanese War in 1938.
1. 74% stake in Mumbai international airport
- Adani Group has acquired 74% stake in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport.
- Adani Group is the second largest private operator in India after the GMR group, which operates the Delhi and Hyderabad airports.
- Adani Group: Founder: Gautam Adani || Founded: 20 July 1988 || Headquarters: Ahmedabad
2. Future Group’s retail business
- Reliance Industries will acquire Future Group’s retail business for Rs 24,713 crore.
- Future Group is an Indian conglomerate company founded by Kishore Biyani, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
3. Brand Ambassador For Myntra
- Kiara Advani has become new Brand Ambassador for Myntra.
- Myntra is an Indian fashion e-commerce company headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The company was founded in 2007 to sell personalized gift items. In May 2014, Myntra.com was acquired by Flipkart.
- CEO: Amar Nagaram
1. Book ‘The Big Thoughts of Little Luv’
- Film Director Karan Johar has written his first children’s book ‘The Big Thoughts of Little Luv’.
- Karan Johar’s Autobiography: ‘An Unsuitable Boy’.
Science and Technology News
1. World’s Largest Solar Tree
- CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree in Durgapur in West Bengal.
- CSIR- CMERI: Director: Harish Hirani || Headquarters: Durgapur, West Bengal
1. New Press Trust of India chairman
- Aveek Sarkar elected new Press Trust of India chairman
- Aveek Sarkar is the Editor Emeritus and Vice Chairman of the Ananda Bazar Group of Publications.
1. World Coconut Day
- World Coconut Day is celebrated on September 2 every year.
- Theme: ‘Invest in Coconut to save the world’.
2. National Nutrition Month
- Septemeber Month will be observed as ‘Nutrition Month’ (Rashtriya Poshan Maah) in India.
- Poshan Abhiyaan is a multi-ministerial convergence mission to address malnutrition with a targeted approach by 2022.
- National Nutrition Week is observed every year from 1st September to 7th September since 1982.
1. Joe Ruby passes away
- The co-creator of the cartoon series Scooby-Doo, Joe Ruby passed away.
- Scooby-Doo is an American animated franchise comprising many animated television series produced from 1969 to the present, as well as their derivative media.
2. Pranab Mukherjee passes away
- The former President of India, Pranab Mukherjee passed away.
- Fondly known as ‘Pranab Da’, He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 2019.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Rabobank’s Global Top 20 list of Dairy Brand
- Amul has become first Indian dairy company to be in Rabobank’s Global Top 20 list.
- Switzerland’s Nestle topped the list with a turnover of US $22.1 billion.
1. FA Community Shield
- Arsenal defeated Liverpool on penalties in final to win FA Community Shield.
- FA Community Shield is English football’s annual match contested at Wembley Stadium between the champions of the previous Premier League season and the holders of the FA Cup.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1st 2nd September