Daily Current Affairs 1st 2nd August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1st 2nd August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1st 2nd August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1st 2nd August 2020 Current affairs test.
- Atal Innovation Mission has launched ‘AIM-iCREST’ in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation.
- NITI Aayog: CEO– Amitabh Kant || Headquarters– New Delhi
1. BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting
- Russia chaired he 6th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting.
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar represented India in the BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meet.
2. Meghnaghat Power Plant Bangladesh
- Reliance Power and Japanese energy major JERA have signed an agreement for Meghnaghat Power Plant in Bangladesh.
- Chairman of Reliance Power: Anil Ambani.
- Bangladesh: Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina || Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Taka.
3. Prime Minister of Ivory Coast
- Hamed Bakayoko has been elected as Prime Minister of Ivory Coast.
- Ivory Coast : Capital: Yamoussoukro || Currency: West African CFA Franc
- Small Industries Development Bank of India and TransUnion CIBIL has launched ‘MSMESaksham’ Portal.
- A comprehensive financial education and knowledge platform for MSMEs.
- It will support them in managing their credit obligations.
- TransUnion CIBIL Limited is a credit information company operating in India. It maintains credit files on 600 million individuals and 32 million businesses. TransUnion is one of four credit bureaus operating in India and is part of TransUnion, an American multinational group.
- Small industrial Development Bank of India is a development financial institution in India, headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Headquarters location: Lucknow || Founded: 2 April 1990 || Agency executive: : Mohammad Mustafa, (Chairman and Managing Director);
Science and Technology News
1. Perseverance Rover Mission
- NASA has launched Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission with United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket.
- Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Jim Bridenstine.
1. Chairman & Managing Director of Oriental Insurance Company Limited
- SN Rajeswari has been appointed as Chairman & Managing Director of Oriental Insurance Company Limited.
- Oriental Insurance Company Limited: Headquarters: New Delhi
1. World Breastfeeding Week
- World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated every year from 1 to 7 August.
- Theme: ‘Support breastfeeding for a healthier planet’.
2. World Ranger Day
- World Ranger Day is celebrated on 31 July to commemorate Rangers killed or injured in the line of duty and to celebrate the work Rangers do to protect the world’s natural and cultural heritage.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. SKOCH Gold Award
- SKOCH Gold Award has been awarded to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- It is given for its Empowerment of Tribals through IT enabled Scholarship Schemes project.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda.
- Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation also received Gold Skoch award under Digital India Category from the Skoch Group recognizing the robust and transparent ICT solution.
2. Digital India Platinum Award by Skoch Foundation
- The Public Grievance System at the West Bengal Chief Minister’s Office has been conferred with the Digital India Platinum Award by Skoch Foundation.
1. 2020 Brand Finance Football report
- Top Three Football Brand
- 1. Real Madrid
- 2. Barcelona
- 3. Manchester United