Daily Current Affairs 1st 2nd June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1st 2nd June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1st 2nd June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1st 2nd June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Artificial Intelligence Portal
- Minister for Electronics and IT, Law and Justice and Communications, Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the National Artificial Intelligence Portal.
- Website: ai.gov.in
- Ravi Shankar Prasad has also launched ‘Responsible AI for Youth’ program.
1. IBBI advisory committee on service providers
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India has drafted its advisory committee on service providers, chaired by Manipal Global Education Services Chairman T V Mohandas Pai.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
- Chairperson– Dr. M.S Sahoo || Established– 1st October 2016
Science and Technology News
1. CHAMPIONS Portal
- PM Modi has launched ‘CHAMPIONS’ Portal to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- CHAMPIONS means ‘Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength’.
1. Exim Bank Deputy Managing Director
- Harsha Bangari has been appointed as Deputy Managing Director at Export-Import Bank of India.
- EXIM bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: David Rasquinha || Founded: 1 January 1982
2. CEO of FSSAI
- Arun Singhal has been appointed as the CEO of FSSAI.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.
- Founded: August 2011 || Sector: Food safety || Jurisdiction: India || Headquarters: New Delhi || Agency executive: Rita Teaotia (Chairperson)
3. India’s next Ambassador to Kuwait
- Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Kuwait.
- Kuwait: Capital: Kuwait City || Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
1. World Milk Day
- World Milk Day has been observed on June 1 each year since 2001.
- World Milk Day is an international day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
- Theme: ‘The 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day’
2. Global Day of Parents
- Global Day of Parents celebrated on 1st June by United Nations.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Secretary-General of United Nations: António Guterres.
1. Wajid Khan passes away
- Singer and music composer Wajid Khan has passed away.
- Sajid–Wajid was an Indian Bollywood Hindi film music director duo consisting of brothers Sajid Khan and Wajid Khan, the sons of Sharafat Ali Khan, a tabla player. Wajid Khan, the younger of the two brothers, died on May 31, 2020.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. World No Tobacco Day Award 2020
- WHO has conferred the World No Tobacco Day Award (31st May) 2020 to the NGO ‘Socio-Economic and Educational Development Society (SEEDS)’.
- It is given for its efforts to ban pan masala, gutkha, e-cigarettes and hookah in Bihar and Jharkhand.
1. Khelo India e-Pathshala
- Sports Authority of India has launched ‘Khelo India e-Pathshala’.
- Aim: An online coaching programme for grassroot level.
- SAI: Headquarters- Delhi || Founded- 25 January 1984 || Director General- Sandip Pradhan