Daily Current Affairs 1st 2nd November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1st 2nd November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1st 2nd November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1st 2nd November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first seaplane service by SpiceJet
- PM Modi has launched India’s first seaplane service by SpiceJet in Gujarat
- It is between the Statue of Unity near Kevadiya in Narmada district and Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad.
2. India’s first ‘Tyre Park’
- India’s first ‘Tyre Park’ to come up in kolkata by West Bengal Transport Corporation.
- West Bengal Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
3. Panna Tiger Reserve
- UNESCO has alloted Panna Tiger Reserve of Madhya Pradesh in the ‘World Network of Biosphere Reserves’ list.
- This is the 12th biosphere reserve from India to be included in the ‘World Network of Biosphere Reserves’.
4. Meri Saheli initiative
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways has launched ‘Meri Saheli’ initiative for security of women.
- Vinod Kumar Yadav also known as V.K. Yadav is 1980 batch IRSEE officer and current Chairman of the Indian Railway Board.. In 2 September 2020 he was appointed as first CEO of Indian Railway.
5. Arogya Van
- PM Modi has inaugurated ‘Arogya Van’ in Kevadia, Narmada, Gujarat for spreading awareness on Yoga, Ayurveda and Meditation.
1. CEO of Alliance Air
- The first woman pilot of Air India Harpreet A De Singh has been appointed as the CEO of Alliance Air.
- Alliance Air is an Indian regional airline and a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India. It was founded in 1996 and mainly operates domestic routes as part of the government’s Regional Connectivity Scheme.
1. World Vegan Day 2020
- World Vegan Day is celebrated on November 1.
- It is observed to motivate people to follow a vegan lifestyle, which is beneficial for animal welfare and the environment.
2. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
- The International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is a UN-recognized international day observed annually on 2 November.
- The day draws attention to the low global conviction rate for violent crimes against journalists and media workers, estimated at only one in every ten cases.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2020
- Malayalam writer Paul Zacharia has been awarded for Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2020.
- The Ezhuthachan Puraskaram is the highest literary honour that is given by the Kerala Sahitya Akademi, Government of Kerala. The award is named after Thunchaththu Ezhuthachan, the father of the Malayalam language and consists of a cash prize of ₹5,00,000 and a citation. The prize money was enhanced by ₹50,000 in 2011.
1. BCCI with Jio
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced Jio as title sponsor of Women’s T20 Challenge 2020.
- BCCI: President: Sourav Ganguly || Secretary: Jay Shah
2. Alexis Valentine International Boxing Tournament
- Indian boxers Amit Panghal, Sanjeet and Ashish Kumar have won Gold Medals at Alexis Valentine International Boxing Tournament held in Nantes, France.