Daily Current Affairs 1st 2nd October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1st 2nd October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1st 2nd October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1st 2nd October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Operation My Saheli
- South Eastern Railways has launched the Project ‘Operation my Saheli’.
- Aim: To enhance the security of women passengers in the train.
2. Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM)
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot has e-launched the ‘Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM)’.
- Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes (SCs) in order to promote innovation/entrepreneurship.
1. RBI defers Basel III provisions
- RBI has deferred implementation of Basel III capital due to uncertainty related to COVID crisis.
- Basel III is a global, voluntary regulatory framework on bank capital adequacy, stress testing, and market liquidity risk. This third installment of the Basel Accords was developed in response to the deficiencies in financial regulation revealed by the financial crisis of 2007–08.
1. New Brand Ambassador of Bengal Peerless
- Bengal Peerless has appointed Sourav Ganguly as its Brand Ambassador.
- Bengal Peerless Housing Development Company is kolkata based Real Estate Developer.
1. International Day of the Older Persons
- International Day of Older Persons is observed on October 1.
- Theme: ‘Leave No One Behind’.
2. International Coffee Day
- International Coffee Day is observed on 1st October.
- The first official date was 1 October 2015, as agreed by then International Coffee Organization and was launched in Milan.
- International Coffee Day is an occasion that is used to promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring in places across the world.
3. World Vegetarian Day
- World Vegetarian Day is observed annually around the planet on October 1.
- It is a day of celebration established by the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978, “To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.”
4. Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Yes Bank with Bombay Stock Exchange
- Yes Bank has signed an MoU with Bombay Stock Exchange to empower the SME segment.
- Yes Bank CEO: Prashant Kumar || Yes Bank Headquarters: Mumbai
2. Tata Steel with CSIR
- Tata Steel and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research have signed an MoU to collaborate in the area of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage.
- CEO & MD of Tata Steel: T. V. Narendran
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.