Daily Current Affairs 1 July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya Campaign
- Government of Madhya Pradesh has launched ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’.
- Aim: Academic regularity of the students during the Lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic
2. India’s first Plasma Bank
- India’s first Plasma Bank will be set-up in New Delhi.
- It will be set up at the Delhi government-run Institute of Liver and Biliary Science.
1. President of Iceland
- Gudni Th. Johannesson has been re-elected as the President of Iceland.
- Iceland: Capital: Reykjavik || Currency: Icelandic Krona.
1. Swiggy with ICICI Bank
- Swiggy has partnered with ICICI Bank for Digital Wallet.
- Swiggy: HQ: Bengaluru || CEO: Sriharsha Majety
- ICICI Bank: HQ: Mumbai || CEO of ICICI Bank: Sandeep Bakhshi.
2. World Bank with Tamil Nadu Government
- Tamil Nadu Government and World Bank have signed an agreement for Housing Projects in the state of worth $250 million.
- President of World Bank: David Malpass.
Science and Technology News
1. Skill Connect Forum
- Government of Karnataka has launched ‘Skill Connect Forum’ Portal.
- Aim: To connect job seekers with employers on a common platform.
1. Attorney General of India
- Indian Government has extended the term of KK Venugopal as the Attorney General of India.
- The Attorney General for India is the Indian government’s chief legal advisor, and is primary lawyer in the Supreme Court of India. They can be said to be the advocate from government’s side.
1. National Doctors’ Day
- India celebrates National Doctors’ Day on July 1 to mark the birth as well as death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- Theme: ‘Lessen the mortality of Covid-19’.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy MD, DSc, MRCP, FRCS; was an eminent Indian physician, educationist, philanthropist, freedom fighter and politician who served as the Chief Minister of West Bengal from 1948 until his death in 1962.
2. National Postal Worker Day
- National Postal Worker Day is observed on 1st July every year.
- Director-General of India Post: Arundhaty Ghosh.
3. National Chartered Accountants Day
- National Chartered Accountants Day is observed on 1st July every year.
- Charted Accountants Day or CA Day is celebrated on July 1 every year to commemorate the finding of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) by the parliament of India in 1949.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the national professional accounting body of India. It was established on 1 July 1949 as a statutory body under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
- President: N. D. Gupta
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. First P C Mahalanobis Award
- Former RBI Governor C Rangarajan has been conferred with first P C Mahalanobis Award.
- The award has been instituted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) from 2020.
1. NADA App
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has launched the National Anti-Doping Agency’s mobile app ‘NADA App’.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency is the national organisation responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
- CEO: Navin Agarwal