Daily Current Affairs 2 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 2 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. e-Learning Training Program
- Telangana has topped the e-Learning Training Program of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government India.
- Telangana :- Founded: 2 June 2014 || Capital: Hyderabad || Official song: Jaya Jaya He Telangana || Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao || Governor: Narasimhan
2. New Strategic Forces Command Chief
- Air Marshal NS Dhillon has been appointed as new Strategic Forces Command Chief.
- The Strategic Forces Command will look after the strategic nuclear arsenal of India.
3. The 84th foundation day of Odisha
- The 84th foundation day of Odisha was observed on 1st of April.
- Odisha was a part of Bihar, it became the first state to be formed on the linguistic basis in 1936.
4. ‘Hump-backed mahseer’ freshwater fish of India
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species added ‘Hump-backed mahseer’ in critically endangered species list.
- It is also known as ‘Tor remadevii’ or ‘tiger of water’.
- It is freshwater fish endemic to the Western Ghats of South India and only found in Kaveri River basins
- The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, founded in 1965, has evolved to become the world’s most comprehensive inventory of the global conservation status of biological species. It uses a set of criteria to evaluate the extinction risk of thousands of species and subspecies.
1. World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on 2 April every year.
- Encouraging Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about people with Autism Spectrum Disorder throughout the world.
- Theme :- ‘Assistive Technologies, Active Participation’.
2. India with Bolivia
- India has offered $100 million Line of Credit to Bolivia for financing development projects.
- Bolivia :- Capital: Sucre || Currency: Bolivian boliviano
3. India-Chile Business Forum
- India and Chile signed three MoUs in the fields of mining, culture and empowerment of persons with disabilities.
- Chile :- President: SebastiánPiñera || Capital: Santiago || Currency: Chilean peso
4. Satellite Tianlian II-01
- China has launched the first of its new-generation data relay satellite Tianlian II-01.
- It was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre.
1. Google India Head resigns
- Rajan Anandan is the vice president for Google South East Asia and India, and essentially heading Google in India, has resigned from the post.
- He will join Sequoia India as its MD.
- Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook.
2. HCL Technologies’s New Acquisition
- HCL Technologies has acquired US-based Strong-Bridge Envision.
- HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian multinational technology company, headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is a subsidiary of HCL Enterprise. Originally a research and development division of HCL, it emerged as an independent company in 1991 when HCL ventured into the software services business.
3. First Lender to charge for UPI
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has become first lender to charge for UPI Transaction starting 1st of May 2019.
- It will charge Rs 2.50 per transaction for upto Rs 1000 and Rs 5 per transaction will be levied for a payment value above Rs 1000.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank is an Indian private sector bank headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. In February 2003, Reserve Bank of India issued the licence to Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd., the group’s flagship company, to carry on banking business.
4. Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management with Google
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management with Google to enable the customers of Reliance Mutual Fund to carry out voice-based financial transactions.
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management has become the first company in India.
1. Bahrain Grand Prix
- Five times world champion Lewis Hamilton has won the Bahrain Grand Prix
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport.
- Valtteri Bottas took second place to stay top of the championship standings.
2. Asian Airgun Championships
- The 12th Asian Airgun Championships has concluded in Taoyuan, Taipei.
- India finished with 16 gold, 5 silver, and 4 bronze medals.
3. 2019 India open (Badminton) Complete winner list
- Men’s Single : Winner:- Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) || Runner Up :- Kidambi Srikanth (India)
- Women’s Singles : Winner:- Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand) || Runner Up :- He Bingjiao (China)
- Men’s Doubles :- Winner :- Lee Yang (Taiwan) and Wang Chi-lin (Taiwan)
- Women’s Doubles :- Winner :- Greysia Polii (Indonesia) and Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia)
- Mixed Doubles :- Winner :- Wang Yilu (China) and Huang Dongping (China)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 2 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30