Daily Current Affairs 2 April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 2 April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 2 April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
2 April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Stranded in India’ Portal
- The Ministry of Tourism has launched ‘Stranded in India’ Portal.
- Aim: To help foreign tourists who are stuck in various parts of the country.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism: Prahalad Singh Patel.
2. Modi Kitchen
- A ‘Modi Kitchen’ has been set up in the Kovai (Coimbatore), Tamil Nadu.
- It has a capacity to serve 500 meals per day will remain operational till 14th April 2020.
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu: Thiru Edappadi K. Palaniswami || Governor of Tamil Nadu: Banwarilal Purohit.
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has launched a dedicated Twitter handle for COVID-19 updates.
- The account is named as #IndiaFightsCorona.
- Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting: Prakash Javadekar.
1. United Nation’s COP 26 climate change summit
- United Nation’s COP 26 Climate Change Summit which is scheduled to take place in Glasgow, Scotland in November 2020 has been postponed.
- Capital: Edinburgh || Sovereign state Legal jurisdiction: United Kingdom
1. BhartPe with ICICI lombard
- BharatPe has drafted partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance to introduce ‘COVID-19 Protection Insurance Cover’.
- BharatPe is a QR code-based payment app for offline retailers and businesses. It allows merchants to accept UPI payments for ‘FREE’ through the BharatPe QR.
- CEO & Co-founder of Bharatpe: Ashneer Grover.
2. PhonePe with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- PhonePe and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have announced the launch of an insurance policy for coronavirus hospitalization called ‘Corona Care’.
- Phonepe: Headquarters -Bengaluru || Founder and CEO- Sameer Nigam
3. Top Five Bank after the Merger
- 1. SBI
- 2. PNB
- 3. BoB
- 4. Canara Bank
- 5. Union Bank
1. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India)
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) has completed the merger of GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India).
- Hindustan Unilever: Headquarters– Mumbai || Chairman and Managing Director– Sanjiv Mehta
Science and Technology News
1. ‘Corona Watch App’
- Karnataka Government has launched ‘Corona Watch’ App to track the movement history of persons tested positive.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka: B. S. Yediyurappa || Governor: VajubhaiVala.
1. World Autism Awareness Day
- World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day on 2 April every year.
- Encouraging Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about people with autistic spectrum disorders including autism and Asperger syndrome throughout the world.
- Theme: ‘The Transition to Adulthood’
1. Spain Princess Maria Teresa
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa has become the first royal to pass away due to COVID-19.
- Capital: Madrid || Currency: Euro